Brembo RCS 19 master cylinder

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, forgot about that bit.

Need to cut 1cm or so of 6mm tube and insert it into OE tube to make a tight fit on RCS side

Brembo RCS 19 Master Cylinder

There is no need to use the supplied Brembo brake light switch which comes in the box or do anything else. Just fit the RCS master cylinder (noting the requirement for the 6mm hose if using the OEM reservoir) and that?s it.

Just swap the master cylinders over and touch nothing else in the process.

Re: Brembo RCS 19 Master Cylinder

So you use the bmw switch then? That sounds good to me

there is no switch on bmw, ecu uses pressure reading from abs if I'm not mistaken

Last edited:
Hot tip when doing the lever before changing remove the wheel and push the pads out slightly with the lever (not too much). Change the lever with cloths around the lines, then push the pads into the caliper which should in effect reverse bleed any air that got in when changing. Full bleed through with any ABS system is a ball ache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
One last question. Do I need to order a new banjo bolt or will the one from the Nissin master cylinder for the Brembo master cylinder?

One last question. Do I need to order a new banjo bolt or will the one from the Nissin master cylinder for the Brembo master cylinder?

You can reuse the OEM banjo bolt.

Worth ordering new copper crush washers for the banjo bolt. I doubt the new MC will come with any and I wouldn't recommend using the existing washers.

Worth ordering new copper crush washers for the banjo bolt. I doubt the new MC will come with any and I wouldn't recommend using the existing washers.
Fine to reuse old unless they are visually damaged.

Plus RCS always comes with extra washers.

Pulled the trigger on a kit from Italy. Comes with extra washers, the reservoir etc. All for ?233 including postage.
Let us know how much if any tax you pay. You can buy rcs from number of UK shops, but no idea about pricing these days.

Well the master cylinder came through and worked out cheaper than buying from the UK even after import taxes were paid. Just managed to purchase a set of Brembo GP4RX calipers so now have to bleed the front end all over again.

Back