Front paddock stand for HP4 Race

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using a non OEM bolt would be a waste... I've never come across worse bolts than BMW bolts. They must have bought a East German Pig Iron Factory in the 80's and they still haven't depleted the stocks. :culpability: You see new reg plate BMW's parked up in spring and if they've commuted, every bolt is brown with rust. Shocking quality.

Off topic, if you've got a new Gen 4, grease the axles, suspension pivot points and swinging arm pivot as I'd lay my house on the line that they are built dry i.e no lubricant as the Gel 3's were. So annoying. J

Just watched that vid posted on removing the brake lines. I had a look under there last week when fitting my track fairings and it looks a little different from memory. I can easily take them off to take a picture and tell you what pin size is needed.
I don't think I want my lines possibly flapping about under there and as for moving out the way and putting back each time I use the stand at the track,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nah thanks

Each to their own. My experience is they don’t ever move on the spigot (24k of road and track usage) and to move them on and off as you put on/ take off the stand takes zero effort. People remove the under yoke air director and never think twice as to its reason for being there... ie to keep the pressurised region to feed the radiator With cool air. Maybe that’s why yours looks different?

Each to their own. My experience is they don’t ever move on the spigot (24k of road and track usage) and to move them on and off as you put on/ take off the stand takes zero effort. People remove the under yoke air director and never think twice as to its reason for being there... ie to keep the pressurised region to feed the radiator With cool air. Maybe that’s why yours looks different?

I have a headstock stand which if I can deal with the hoses I may well use. The air deflector had to come off for the track fairings. I have a gen 4 which is why it may be different :beguiled:

"Looks the same as constand except twice more expensive"

Constands, Biketek, Black Pro are all the same Chinese manufactured stand just badged for each company. I have various stands, Lightech, Harris, Black Pro, Biketek, Guiberlini (Ducati & Triumph) and IMHO the best are Harris as they're much lighter and don't rust.

I wish to make a complaint..... these are blatantly 'bike stand envy' threads and are traps for idiots like me to surf with my credit card.... This thread sent me off hunting to the Motea website in Germany and I salivated and drooled all over the battery operated vertical lift ePower-Stand for €307 delivered to the UK.... I've had my eye on one of those for some time now.... Nurse.... pull the curtains around my bed, its happened again.
These threads must stop!

I wish to make a complaint..... these are blatantly 'bike stand envy' threads and are traps for idiots like me to surf with my credit card.... This thread sent me off hunting to the Motea website in Germany and I salivated and drooled all over the battery operated vertical lift ePower-Stand for €307 delivered to the UK.... I've had my eye on one of those for some time now.... Nurse.... pull the curtains around my bed, its happened again.
These threads must stop!

G*t...now I've gone and searched for a powered lift...damn you...

"Looks the same as constand except twice more expensive"

Constands, Biketek, Black Pro are all the same Chinese manufactured stand just badged for each company. I have various stands, Lightech, Harris, Black Pro, Biketek, Guiberlini (Ducati & Triumph) and IMHO the best are Harris as they're much lighter and don't rust.
Rust? I have had my Chinese crap stand for 2 years, never had it exposed to water/rain, always kept in underground parking - no issues yet. To be honest, if rusts tomorrow, I will go a bug a replacement for 50 which amortized still cheaper

Lighter? I've been thinking to take my front stand with me in checked luggage on way from Sepang. Can't think of any other reason why would a lighter stand matter.

These threads must stop!
Motea is a nice shop indeed.

Rust? I have had my Chinese crap stand for 2 years, never had it exposed to water/rain, always kept in underground parking - no issues yet. To be honest, if rusts tomorrow, I will go a bug a replacement for 50 which amortized still cheaper

Lighter? I've been thinking to take my front stand with me in checked luggage on way from Sepang. Can't think of any other reason why would a lighter stand matter.

I’m the same but washing the bike gets them wet.... then after a few years the coating wether paint, plastic etc flakes off. A lighter stand is a lot easier to line up without scratching catching anything. Personal views of course...

Back