Brake pads

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephens1000rr

Reaction score
Just wanting to see what you guys recommend on brake pads... just for road use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fwiw, My second set of SC's feel epic, it pays to have material build up on the discs imo.

- Alex

On track the SC didn't have the initial bite and also I had to adjust the span every session. The pad surface also seemed to have some build up on the faces. Will try again next track day.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brake Fluid

...I had to adjust the span every session...

That?s a good sign that you may need to replace your brake fluid with something more suitable for track use. Or simply change it for fresh brake fluid.

I fitted SCs yesterday (my first change from standard pads). After a bedding in run they feel superb, with excellent initial bite.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I fitted SCs yesterday (my first change from standard pads). After a bedding in run they feel superb, with excellent initial bite.

Is that road use? They do feel good but on track I just feel they are not as good. Will chance the fluid then try again.

Is that road use? They do feel good but on track I just feel they are not as good. Will chance the fluid then try again.

I would also check the pistons. If one is a bit draggy you could get inconsistency. I am also wondering if your pads glazed.

Road use. I'll be trying them at the BMW day at Snetterton next week though...

Anyone have any experience of SBS ones? Used them on my RSV4 & they were fine.

Hi guys! Someone had experience with Brembo RC or SBS 870 Dual Carbon?

Hi guys! Someone had experience with Brembo RC or SBS 870 Dual Carbon?
I have used in the past SBS and they are very very good for track until the 2/3 of their life. Then they feel like wood. Also they are more suitable for track since they need more heat to work. You want them for track,road or mix use?

I'll review these GP5s when the weather turns.. Toan says they were spot on for road use...

The S33s he refers to are probably not ideal for even fast road.....possibly too many opportunities to lose optimum working temperature... that said.. 22 quid a set for my Calipers... could be a find or could be a sphincter shrinker....

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Last edited:
Thanks for excellent advice. I'm doing my first Track Day in April. I thought it would be wise to purchase brake pads which I can use on the road and track?
Ian

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Back