Seat bolts

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beavis

Reaction score
Alone got links for the 2 bolts that hold the seat on the Gen 3 . Mines are all chewed up and barely managed to get them off yesterday as I was putting it on the Optimate. Thanks

Alone got links for the 2 bolts that hold the seat on the Gen 3 . Mines are all chewed up and barely managed to get them off yesterday as I was putting it on the Optimate. Thanks
Best to buy a nut and bolt kit for your bike pal you always need them.. Ebay best bet

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yeah the perma fly lead is a good option it's got a waterproof cap so it's just a case or routing somewhere convenient.

Good find them Katie, my Torx bolts are pretty chewed up too, noticed that the other day when my battery died..

I reckon you could modify the top bit on these...maybe buff them down a bit..it's a fiddle in at the back of the seat.. the OE bolts on mine have a chamfered threadless bottom..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

CTEK lead under rear seat. Copper grease on seat bolts. Never had any issues.

Ok, first attempt at creating a quick release seat has started!

Using some Loxx fasteners from this crew https://www.bootsteile-brauer.de/ (Loxx don't ship to the UK anymore) I've used the 16mm lower part

Pop6.jpg

and the taller upper part

Pop5.jpg

Popped out the furled knob (fnar) from the holes in the seat, trimmed the edges of the post and popped the upper in place

Pop1.jpg

This dropped through nicely

Pop3.jpg

Pop4.jpg

The seat now pops into place and clicks in properly..

The down side is that the fixing nut (part of the lower bolt) makes the seat sit a little proud. So, I either need to trim the nut off or put some foam on the frame to prevent leaks...

Well, courtesy of another extravagant purchase, I now own a Dremel and a bike with a quick release saddle :woot:

Managed to cut and grind (song, dance, sexual position?) the fixing nut down so it drops the bolt further down into the frame and the saddle is now pretty much the same position as normal. Might be a tiny bit more of an incline but don't think my wrists will notice and there's no noticeable gap now between seat and frame.

Now, if we can just stop with the showers/sunshine/monsoon nonsense, I'll go for a ride!

Nice one, hope it works. Patent that kit! ;)

Pretty sure only about 1 in a 1000 people actually care that much!

Mind, I could sell it on the Aprilia site, their seats are just as bad and I know from experience that every Aprilia owner needs to take the battery out frequently :rolleyes:

Pretty sure only about 1 in a 1000 people actually care that much!

Mind, I could sell it on the Aprilia site, their seats are just as bad and I know from experience that every Aprilia owner needs to take the battery out frequently :rolleyes:

You're spot on there, I know from personal Aprilia experience that we always feared wrecking the sprag clutch. Fully charged battery was vital.

Back