m9rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paradoc

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
hi guys im thinking of trying thr m9rr for my m-sport 2020 and going to a 190 rear will i have to do anything with the electrices,to tell the bike ive put diffrent size tyres on,cheers

Great tyres and a great size, I?m sure you?ll be very happy with the decision [emoji41]

You don?t ?need? to recalibrate the ECU, but your BMW dealership can do this for you and I personally would recommend it

Last edited:
The traction control parameters are set for a 200 tyre. If you change the tyres size you need to let the bike know otherwise your traction control wont work correctly. That could mean it kicks in early, or worse, kicks in late.

The traction control parameters are set for a 200 tyre. If you change the tyres size you need to let the bike know otherwise your traction control wont work correctly. That could mean it kicks in early, or worse, kicks in late.

+1, I also think from a matter of principle, that if a manufacturer produces a calibration for a specific tyre size, then why not just recalibrate it ...
Final point, which is probably me being a bit overboard, but I ?personally? feel more comfortable riding the bike with a correct tyre size, as would worry what an insurance loss adjuster would think in the case of a considerable claim

For those of you who have had these fitted, please explain benefits over the stock K3?s that come with the bike. Thanks.

More sea to land, they have more sipes for shifting water, which lets face it is important in the UK. Newer generation of tyre, updated silica blend + profile. Harder centre for more miles.

K3RR is more track biased, but if you're not on track then why would you want them over a 9R? [emoji2371]

- Alex

Thanks Alex, weighing up my options for when I change these K3?s when they?re done with. I only do a couple of track days per year.

Thanks Alex, weighing up my options for when I change these K3?s when they?re done with. I only do a couple of track days per year.

I did a couple of track days on the DRC2's from Pirelli which are effectively the same as the M9's...worked well, no moments to speak of.

My bike came with K3s fitted. Ive complained on this forum of not getting on with the front end of my bike. Vauge feeling, lack of perceived grip, front tucking. All wrapped up in dreadful mileage. I moved to the M9s and all of those feelings disappeared. I love the front end now, it just feels so reassuring. I'm sure others tyres would be as good but for me the K3s were shite! There are a few others have commented on the K3s too.

My bike came with K3s fitted. Ive complained on this forum of not getting on with the front end of my bike. Vauge feeling, lack of perceived grip, front tucking. All wrapped up in dreadful mileage. I moved to the M9s and all of those feelings disappeared. I love the front end now, it just feels so reassuring. I'm sure others tyres would be as good but for me the K3s were shite! There are a few others have commented on the K3s too.

couldn't wait to dump the k3's for the m9's. :)

M7rr were average, can't see why M9 would be any differ.

I wouldnt buy anything lower Rosso Corsa 2 for this bike for streets.

its all down to feeling and confidence. nearly all modern tyres will out preform your average fast road or trackday rider.

I get that. For me feeling and confidence start with suspension and finish with tires.

thanks guys for your comments,i didnt think about insurance issuses,if i changed to a 190.ive got no confidence in the front k3s ,as oldwobbler said they feel like they want to wash out,thats why i thought a rear 190 would help the front,so ill stick to the 200 m9rr:scooter:

I've just changed from stock s21's to racetec rr's and I've got to say they feel amazing on this bike after having a particularly quick ride out at the weekend. I realise when changing to a pair of new tyres from a pretty worn old pair the bike always feels good but the way it turns in now is night and day compared to the Bridgestones, the grip powering out of corners is awesome with none of the weaving I experienced on the s21's and the front end also give more confidence.
I used to get around 1500 miles out of a rear on my gen 2 on racetecs but I only got 1600 miles out of the s21's on my gen 4 so we'll see how it goes mileage wise but if I get around 14-1500 miles on the metzelers I can live with that for how good the bike felt. I'm surprised people have been slating this tyre.

Back