Panigale V4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much bean spilling really.

"It's got 100cc less and is alright for a starting point."

Ducati Panigale V4

It will be far more interesting when Davies and Melandri test it.

Brand new, engine tight and they put it on a dyno to tell us what from that .. I dyno,d one first ... well I?m gonna be first to throw one round a go kart track gold star for me please.
On a serious note I?m quite excited to be riding one soon albeit I have zero confidence it will make me want one
Would love to throw it round silverstone with my 2017 s1000rr in a comparison test

It?s just the first dyno footage I?ve seen, I usually post stuff from JHS racing with Fast Bikes Mag.
At the very least it gives an idea of what the power/torque curves are like.

The interesting thing though, is on that dyno, the 15 RR was making the same power ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nxhdj80hJj0

It’s just the first dyno footage I’ve seen, I usually post stuff from JHS racing with Fast Bikes Mag.
At the very least it gives an idea of what the power/torque curves are like.

The interesting thing though, is on that dyno, the 15 RR was making the same power ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nxhdj80hJj0

Of course the Pani won't make as much power as my Gixxer, especially now I've got a blue headlight cover and anodised bolts fitted.... :cool:

Lol, I may get a pic up soon.. I keep thinking back to the Michael Rutter laps of the IOM last year on those standard S1K and GSXR's with M7RRs fitted every time I see / hear of people talking about making their bikes more powerful or 'better' , as for decals causing drag there's obviously some very lonely people out there on some of these forums..... :hopelessness:

Of course the Pani won't make as much power as my Gixxer, especially now I've got a blue headlight cover and anodised bolts fitted.... :cool:

Classic [emoji6]
Nothing like a bit of bling!

As Jay says, you should post some pics Mac.

Anodised bolts are so go faster material ... have u tried removing decals to avoid drag ... heard it adds 10 hp and what about this ?blue? headlight cover .. pics Mac [emoji1317]

In all seriousness I was ?cruising? on the .com site other day, they arguing over decals causing drag ... when I think like that I?m giving in on life [emoji108]

Well, that takes the cake lol ...

I totally agree but if you believe the claims you have a lightweight bike with well over 200 hp.

The reality is you have a bike that makes similar hp to all the other 1000cc bikes same wet weight that makes a small bit more torque

Just watched myself. It's not the hp people expected. Despite 100cc more. Has more torque tho

I believe the oversized displacement comes purely from an increase in stroke, which is generally associated with increased torque.

I think for a road bike, i.e the ?base and S? models, good torque makes for a sensible priority over peak hp.

But the maths work - people dyno RWHP, manufacturers claim at the crank.

+1

I totally agree but if you believe the claims you have a lightweight bike with well over 200 hp.

The reality is you have a bike that makes similar hp to all the other 1000cc bikes same wet weight that makes a small bit more torque

Very true, I think in reality any power increases now will be incremental, unless a manufacturer goes down the forced induction route, particularly with the ever increasing emissions regulations.

I just hate the marketing. Like if I went by that my bike is 170kg and 218 hp. I'm not lying. Dry weight and crank. But it sounds astounding

Yeah, its the Ferrari thing. Smoke and mirrors

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Went to Ducati Glasgow today for a look and for ?24k for the S I was not impressed. Looks far too small, will be shockingly uncomfortable on a long run and a wet Scottish day will have half the bike corroded. Plastics looks cheap as do the switch gear. Would look nice in a living room somewhere. I'm sure it will sell well as 6 were sold ready for delivery. Hope to see some on track this year but doubt it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back