Rs2e 2020 ecu remap

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
I want to write up a small review about RS2E ECU REMAP for Gen4.

At this stage RS2E offers 2 Power Maps for Gen4

https://rs2e.de/en/services-prices/catalog-bmw-motorrad/

BM.S1.B.5.20R - for Race exhaust
BM.S1.B.5.20S - for stock exhaust

And they offer to shorten throttle grip from 68 to 58 degrees (and calibrate it so you dont need to buy GS911).
They are still working on Racing Maps which, as I understand, will include same features as their's Gen3 map: Wheelie control, TC.

I went for BM.S1.B.5.20R and shortened throttle grip 2 weeks ago with a plan to test all that at Jerez last weekend.

Robert & Rainer were very kind and helpful to arrange a very quick turn-around as my timing was very tight. They got ECU/grip on Thursday, applied flash on Friday and I got all back on Tuesday.

At Jerez, the install of ECU and throttle was plug and play.
Initialization sequence is the same as with Gen3: turn on ignition (all kind of errors will pop-up), turn off ignition and wait 2-3 minutes. After that all errors are gone and the bike starts fine.

I haven't ridden Gen4 on stock ECU, so can't really say how it compares performance wise. Comparing vs. Gen3 - I do feel much better acceleration (or torque I would say) past 8k rpm.

Shortened throttle is a joy, altho took some time to get used to a smaller diameter (I used TGP with a fatter grip on Gen3).

Overall I'm happy and can't wait for their Race Mappings.

Last edited by a moderator:
My BMW garage told me that the ecu flash will not be available before September

BMW Mapping

Bet thats silly money, you'll have a disclaimer to sign and a void warranty.

If it’s anything like the BMW mapping available (via ECU unlock code) for the Gen 3 it probably won’t be as expensive as you might think. I suspect the BMW supplied Akrapovič system will be outrageously expensive though. No doubt BMW will still make you sign some form of disclaimer as well like before.

Hello!

How cold start works with the new RS2 map?
Did you try cold start with the standard map? I got the new BMW software update and it didn't help at all!
I hope my problems go away when i get RS2 map..

Hello!

How cold start works with the new RS2 map?
Did you try cold start with the standard map? I got the new BMW software update and it didn't help at all!
I hope my problems go away when i get RS2 map..

Whats cold start ? Turn on the key and go ? I never do that, always warm up until red RPM line goes from 6k to 14k.

I mean these bikes have problems when starting the bike. Popping into airbox, back fires, bangs badly etc. first 30 seconds especially when it's cool..
Tuning softwares have helped. Bmw just released a new software update for this issue ..

I mean these bikes have problems when starting the bike. Popping into airbox, back fires, bangs badly etc. first 30 seconds especially when it's cool..
Tuning softwares have helped. Bmw just released a new software update for this issue ..
I didn't start the bike before RS2 flash, but never experienced what you're saying after. I guess it would be exhaust dependent too, I run full akra.

Back