Arrow or Akrapovic?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Got a choice between two new sets of stainless steel downpipes, less than a ton between them.

Road riding only, not fussed about weight differences (can always eat less cake if I need to), don't give a monkeys about snob-value, and will be using a Mivv end can. Briefly considered Black Widow but can only find reviews (mostly positive) for lower power bikes. I ride all year round so don't want to take the chance on something which might rot faster than the original (had some horrific Honda experiences!).

So, nice and simple, is there any noticeable difference between Arrow or Akrapovic headers?

Akrapovic will always hold second hand values higher than Arrow, don?t know if that matters to you? Both Arrow and Akrapovic are quality items

Ok, thanks all. Went with the Akra as there wasn't a lot in the price (Arrow ?570, Akra ?630 from Demon Tweeks Ebay outlet). Would love to say it will affect the resale value but I have an astonishing ability to lose money when I sell a bike :chargrined:

This is beyond my DIY confidence levels so will drop it into my local garage for sorting. I've ordered a couple of Healtech ESEs too, anything else I might need?

Pipes delivered today! Rapid service from Demon Tweeks, so now waiting for the ESEs and gaskets. Bike's booked in for next week so hopefully everything arrives on time. Already impressed with the 5kg weight saving on the pipes :cheerful:

So, that was expensively disappointing.

Turns out that the Akrapovic optional headers only fit an Akra silencer. If you buy the Akra silencer for the stock headers, you get a reducing sleeve to make up the 10mm diameter difference but you can only fit their silencers to their pipes.

So, that's going back and I've ordered the Arrow instead (and yes, I checked that a stock can will fit the Arrow!). Trouble is, it's going to be a few weeks so the garage are having to put the bike back together so I can use it in the interim. Didn't think to ask if they fitted the PCV though?

Ah well, at least the original dyno run showed a nice smooth run, apart from a drop-off around 11k, and I rarely pull away from that lights at those revs...

Just realised that you have a Gen3 with the dual exit pipes, I?m suprised that there?s a fit issue with Akrapovic they?re normally spot on

Well, still waiting for my Arrow to arrive (think Italy started Xmas early!) so might end up down that route. Have you got the full lot or are you using a different slip-on?

Got the Akrapovic MotoGP shorty that fitted the standards headers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akra for power, quality and reselling value.

Avoid Titanium as the headers crack with mileage (all brands). Titanium exhausts are a consumable in racing.

J

Well, the Arrow headers arrived just in time for my garage to shut for Xmas :rolleyes:

The good news is, they are now fitted (along with the PCV) and are running bloody lovely. Fitted with the Mivv exhaust, the sound is gorgeous (deep but not too loud), and the engine is running very smoothly. Not that I've been anywhere except riding it home, it was still -2 when I picked the bike up this morning!
Dyno shows a slight uplift and went from 203.4hp to 208.9 but I doubt I'll notice it on the road.

Fitted pics and sound file when the skating rink outside clears off :smile-new:

Arrow.jpg

Good news about that indicator then, can you send me the link, my two fronts are a bit scruffy so I'll swap them over...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Good news about that indicator then, can you send me the link, my two fronts are a bit scruffy so I'll swap them over...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Currently going for ?15.67 :)

eBay item number:373842591500 - For BMW S1000RR R1200GS R1200R F800GS LED Indicators Front Signal Turn Lights x2

Back