Pillion cover

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ochayethenoo

Reaction score
Hi all, looking for a good colour match of pillion cover? I've a 2010 in motosport colours so need a white cover. I bought a genuine one off ebay but its not quite the right colour. Do any of the cheap ebay covers have a good colour match?

Would you not be better getting the genuine one painted? Better chance of a paint match that way and it’s a genuine cowl

Any painter worth his salt should be able to match it

Colours are an optical illusion, not everyone sees the same. Believe it or not, white is one of the worse. I used to work at an import centre where new cars came in but manufacturers haven't/wouldn't/couldn't release the various colour formulaes, headache ! You dont understand what's involved. Different painters can produce a different shade out of the same can....

Colours are an optical illusion, not everyone sees the same. Believe it or not, white is one of the worse. I used to work at an import centre where new cars came in but manufacturers haven't/wouldn't/couldn't release the various colour formulaes, headache ! You dont understand what's involved. Different painters can produce a different shade out of the same can....

I don’t understand what’s involved? Don’t I? Ok...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Above very true, but I would have worded it a bit more kindly. :) ... plus the original paint can fade after a few months, thus changing what's needed. Add the fact that no object is coloured, it just absorbs all the wavelengths of light except for a certain frequency or colour which it reflects back at you. I Colour Correct TV & Film for a living and every human on this planet is the same colour pink, we just vary on how saturated or bright that particular pink is.... :)

Above very true, but I would have worded it a bit more kindly. :) ... plus the original paint can fade after a few months, thus changing what's needed. Add the fact that no object is coloured, it just absorbs all the wavelengths of light except for a certain frequency or colour which it reflects back at you. I Colour Correct TV & Film for a living and every human on this planet is the same colour pink, we just vary on how saturated or bright that particular pink is.... :)

Sorry, didn't mean to get anyones back up,
'Any painter worth his salt should be able to match it' ok.....

Heard that somewhere else, everyone has the pink bit :glee:

Sorry, didn't mean to get anyones back up,
'Any painter worth his salt should be able to match it' ok.....

Heard that somewhere else, everyone has the pink bit :glee:

Do you know what, you’re not even worth getting into a conversation with.

Crack on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair points. Was hoping there might be a cheap ebay job that's a close match. But keeping original and painting it might be best.

Any good places to get some paint from?

Back