New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the US bikes are severely restricted in 2-3rd gears.

3cc82fde164ec5966e25e23fa6cc3bda.jpg

Not sure why brentune hasn't provided the actual RPM values at which these restrictions apply, surely that would have made more sense

If 0 is neutral that actually looks like the best place to be for the US spec bikes as it has the least restrictions which is handy😜
Just wondered if anybody who has ridden the Euro spec bike has felt it was overly restricted and lacking in bottom end power in any of the gears?

Youtube clip of the silver version...

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCCGICJ2HZo[/FONT]

Does anyone in the UK have their bike yet? ..... or is it just me?...

I have mine, but only because my dealer let me have theirs before they started using it as a demo. I was lucky I had ordered the exact specification they had received from BMW. I'd still be waiting if they didn't I'm guessing as I placed my deposit in February this year.

I have mine, but only because my dealer let me have theirs before they started using it as a demo. I was lucky I had ordered the exact specification they had received from BMW. I'd still be waiting if they didn't I'm guessing as I placed my deposit in February this year.

That sounds like it is completely against the instructions BMW have given the dealers re demos and showroom bikes. You are very lucky.

That sounds like it is completely against the instructions BMW have given the dealers re demos and showroom bikes. You are very lucky.

I'm not sure what the instructions were, but I know my dealer had received both a Sport version and an M version. They used the sport as their demo and I had the M.

I read the same thing, looks like they've really killed the bike in the US to meet regulations. Those guys will have a smile when they get a map and pipe on there since they will completely jump the Euro stock setup which is damn quick anyhow and go straight to racebike speeds!

That video has me baffled, and ties in with Tim's comment above. The guy in the video is selling his 2020 bike because "below 8k there is nothing, nothing, nothing and then takes off like a rocket ship" All of the comparison dynos I've seen show the Gen 4 with more torque below 8K than both the Gen 3 and the Duke V4. Have the US bikes had the maps changed?

It is correct that the US bikes are awful below 8k rpm. You wind it on out of corner and there?s sweet **** all going on and then it shoots forward once it hits 8k rpm. It?s not really an issue on track with the exception of a few tight corners, but in the road and it?s enough to drive you insane.
I?ve been told that it?s to pass the epa and California noise test.
Thw bikes going on the dyno soon, which is pointless, but it?s not costing me a penny, so I don?t mind. I?m waiting to hear back from my dealer as to a way around this without voiding my warranty.
If there is no way around it then I am going to sell it and buy another RSV4 Factory.

What a tool. He must be aware of his market and get it mapped. And selling coz he can't change everything on the fly. plain stupidity.

I do the odd track day a year so no expert - but if I came up behind someone on track, going slow, not watching where they were going and clearly fiddling around with the settings on his bike, Id have a few choice words for them. Or is that just me?

I do the odd track day a year so no expert - but if I came up behind someone on track, going slow, not watching where they were going and clearly fiddling around with the settings on his bike, Id have a few choice words for them. Or is that just me?

Would be useful to know if it is actually possible to be changing setup whilst in motion on the bike, I would have thought from a regulatory view it would be disabled unless the bike was stationary. Anyone tried it?

I know modes certainly are. But in regards to the Race configuration, I'm not sure. I'll give it a try on the demo and report back.

Tim.

Turns out no. I'm not going to explain how I took this photo...

Attachments

• IMG_4837.jpg
    IMG_4837.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 59
Thanks tim, as I would have expected. I like the fact that you now have a rolling road at your dealership lol.

Would be useful to know if it is actually possible to be changing setup whilst in motion on the bike, I would have thought from a regulatory view it would be disabled unless the bike was stationary. Anyone tried it?

Anything over 2 mph it activates the screen. I was in 1st gear with the clutch in was able to adjust everything. But as soon as you're moving it switched back to the dash you were on (either sport dash or normal).
Obviously it allows selection then of Race, Race Pro 1, 2 & 3

Back