S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate. Interesting. I’ve had nothing so far apart from a verbal confirmation that my original trade in deal will be honoured. Eventually.

I’m not defending BMW UK at all but I wonder if the lack of letters being sent out (I haven’t recieved one) is down to certain dealers not following BMW UK’s instructions, could certain dealers be concerned of cancelled orders if they send the letters out?

Personally, I believe, BMW UK have been completely honest with me, they have informed me what they know.

The info. that they have given me, ie the ?500 credit, I relayed the info to the dealer who either didn’t know or was trying to avoid giving the info.

I’m not defending BMW UK at all but I wonder if the lack of letters being sent out (I haven’t recieved one) is down to certain dealers not following BMW UK’s instructions, could certain dealers be concerned of cancelled orders if they send the letters out?

Personally, I believe, BMW UK have been completely honest with me, they have informed me what they know.

The info. that they have given me, ie the ?500 credit, I relayed the info to the dealer who either didn’t know or was trying to avoid giving the info.

The letter comes from the dealership so yes, sounds like your stealer is not playing along as bmw uk have requested. Same goes for the ?500 credit. Whos the dealer?

No mention of the letter from my dealer, I told HIM about it, he admitted it was out there.
Likewise no mention of any goodwill ?500. I mentioned on Friday I was going to get an R1M, today I was offered an S1000R.
I don?t want an R.

Bought an HP4 today to go on my booked holiday

Just about done with BMW, my faith in one dealership and putting my deposit there last November looks misplaced right now.

Well I've still not heard anything from my dealer, patience worn away.

Went down to Ducati this morning, took a V4S out all afternoon and have a brand spanker coming from Italy in a couple of weeks, first class service aside the bike is just in another league. Got no idea what's faster, the BMW is certainly 'better' on paper but I'm almost glad I've gone back again and gone through with it.

Keep on buying V4’s lads. Makes S1000RR deliveries to others quicker and more fun for us on the roads too. Happened just today... accidentally sucked a V4S through my air intake .. two chews and then shat it right back out again ;) ;)

Ducati Glasgow gave bikes in stock if anyone wants a V4S straight away without waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?m not defending BMW UK at all but I wonder if the lack of letters being sent out (I haven?t recieved one) is down to certain dealers not following BMW UK?s instructions, could certain dealers be concerned of cancelled orders if they send the letters out?

The info. that they have given me, ie the ?500 credit, I relayed the info to the dealer who either didn?t know or was trying to avoid giving the info.

Not had any notifications from my dealer. They have said they?d honour my trade in value though. No letter. No offer of ?500. The dealer hasn?t been great tbh, even though I?ve bought my last two RR?s from them.

BMW dealers are going to send a letter from BMW UK to their customers telling them that there will be delivery delays. All dealers have been instructed to send out the letter.

OK. Thanks mate. I?d not heard of this happening. B*gger all from my dealer but I?m not surprised, they?ve been v.poor.

I got my letter yesterday. I now need to have the conversation with the dealer to see how it will affect the trade in we agreed. Originally he said they would honour the trade in in spite of any delays. Up to 30K mileage. I'm going to be well over that by end of August now

Yeah, I?ve been told that the trade in will be honoured. No letter mind you.

So I thought it might be helpful to put a list of the bmw uk offers to those of us with delayed orders so you know what you should be getting from the dealer:

1. If you placed your order before the 2019 price increase (not sure exactly but I think it was March’19) you will still be paying the original price and not the new rrp.

2. If you agreed a trade-in price for a delivery date that has now been missed, bmw will still honour the original trade-in value agreed regardless of when your new bike turns up and what mileage you do in the meantime.

3. Bmw have offered ?500 credit as goodwill for those with delayed orders to use on servicing, accessories Etc.

4. Some dealers are giving out demo bikes where bikes have already been traded in, I am not aware of this being bmw uk policy but great if you can get it.

So I thought it might be helpful to put a list of the bmw uk offers to those of us with delayed orders so you know what you should be getting from the dealer:

1. If you placed your order before the 2019 price increase (not sure exactly but I think it was March?19) you will still be paying the original price and not the new rrp.

2. If you agreed a trade-in price for a delivery date that has now been missed, bmw will still honour the original trade-in value agreed regardless of when your new bike turns up and what mileage you do in the meantime.

3. Bmw have offered ?500 credit as goodwill for those with delayed orders to use on servicing, accessories Etc.

4. Some dealers are giving out demo bikes where bikes have already been traded in, I am not aware of this being bmw uk policy but great if you can get it.

Great stuff mate. Very helpful.

I ordered before the price increase, no mention of this from my dealer, I could be paying either price. Dealer is not too chatty.

i mention this because my dealer also hasn’t mentioned the ?500 either, even though I ordered a load of accessories. This seems to be either not official BMW policy or it’s dealer discretion. Makes you think whether you chose the right dealership to put down a deposit.

I was offered a bike until mine is eventually delivered (only after telling my dealer I was getting an R1) but an S1000R or an XR is not remotely a like for like replacement. That seems to be an offer instead of the ?500.

I used to think BMW uk was behind the lack of information but it seems the dealers have a lot of leeway.

Wonder when (if) the BMW uk letter will arrive..

Keep on buying V4?s lads. Makes S1000RR deliveries to others quicker and more fun for us on the roads too. Happened just today... accidentally sucked a V4S through my air intake .. two chews and then shat it right back out again ;) ;)

Couldn't agree more-I haven't had a problem(on a gen3)passing the V4S on track(on the straight)admittedly Bautista/Redding/Brookes/Bridewell haven't been on them!

I ordered before the price increase, no mention of this from my dealer, I could be paying either price. Dealer is not too chatty.

i mention this because my dealer also hasn?t mentioned the ?500 either, even though I ordered a load of accessories. This seems to be either not official BMW policy or it?s dealer discretion. Makes you think whether you chose the right dealership to put down a deposit.

I was offered a bike until mine is eventually delivered (only after telling my dealer I was getting an R1) but an S1000R or an XR is not remotely a like for like replacement. That seems to be an offer instead of the ?500.

I used to think BMW uk was behind the lack of information but it seems the dealers have a lot of leeway.

Wonder when (if) the BMW uk letter will arrive..

Ive got the guaranteed initial price, and the trade in value secured. I?m going to talk to the dealer tomorrow about the absence of a letter and the ?500

The ?500 is not discretionary and up to the dealer, it is direct from bmw uk.

If you are having serious communication problems I would email the customer services manager noxx posted details of with the letter earlier on. Bmw uk cant know your dealer is not communicating with you correctly, but they can ensure things are rectified when they are made aware.

Last edited:
The price increase was on the 1st April and bikes ordered before then will be at the reduced price ?19300 I believe instead of ?19800.

The ?500 goodwill from BMW is to be used against goods/services in the dealership, it?s not to be used against the price of the new bike and is a direct replacement for not having a loan bike while you wait for your new bike. I have an email from my dealer explaining it?s either a loan bike or the ?500 because I tried to get both on the basis that I couldn?t get the loan bike I wanted. BMW UK have to sanction the loan bike with the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here his details again. Communication was an absolute nightmare until Ben got involved. He?s extremely competent and nice and seems genuinely concerned about customer satisfaction.

Kind regards

Ben

BMW Group
United Kingdom
Ben Perry
Customer Service Manager - BMW Motorrad UK
Customer Service
Summit ONE
Summit Avenue, Farnborough
Hampshire, GU14 0FB
Tel : +44 (0) 1252 920000
Email : [email protected]
Web : http://www.bmw.co.uk

Tried calling him three times. He was always ?on the phone?. However, he did call my dealer apparently, and I?m now due to get the infamous ?letter? tomorrow. I?ll confirm the contents when it arrives.

Tried calling him three times. He was always “on the phone”. However, he did call my dealer apparently, and I’m now due to get the infamous “letter” tomorrow. I’ll confirm the contents when it arrives.
I don’t think me posting his details exactly lowered his workload haha. The letter you’ll get will be exactly the same as I posted on here earlier, except with your name on it.

Back