New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dealer phoned me this morning to ask if I wanted to change my mind and buy the order I cancelled as he had a confirmed delivery date for it of end of August, which was nice of him, but more than happy with what I bought yesterday and end of August is far too late anyway.

I think I saw your name flash up on BMW UK Twitter feed today, sorry to hear that your order has been put back.

Yeah, that was the date I was given at the beginning of last week.

Guess what... I’ve been told today that it’s going to be August! Absolute sh*t show this launch.

The dealers have been told that BMW massively underestimated the volume of orders and split of orders between Sport and M Sport. They don’t have the capacity to keep up with production of carbon wheels, so if you’re getting standard or forged wheels, you might be ok.

Also been told that the dealer will no longer be able to honour my trade in value of my current S1000RR because the extra mileage.

I feel for the dealers taking the brunt of this. Still, if you’re in Russia or Malaysia, you’ll have your bike this month. FFS.

Out of internest, have you got a delivery date for your new one yet? You must be one of the earliest orders on the forum.

I placed my deposit back in July 2018 and I have a tentative delivery date.

I?m really not too fussed when it arrives as I have the luxury of both time and flexibility on my side. That, and there is very little point in becoming emotive about delays and all the hearsay regarding the possible causes. The bottom line is that if you want one then unfortunately you just have to be patient and wait... but by all accounts the wait will be well worth it.

Ultimately, until I receive an email from my dealership saying that it?s arrived in the showroom then I?m not going to get excited.

I placed my deposit back in July 2018 and I have a tentative delivery date.

I?m really not too fussed when it arrives as I have the luxury of both time and flexibility on my side. That, and there is very little point in becoming emotive about delays and all the hearsay regarding the possible causes. The bottom line is that if you want one then unfortunately you just have to be patient and wait... but by all accounts the wait will be well worth it.

Ultimately, until I receive an email from my dealership saying that it?s arrived in the showroom then I?m not going to get excited.

Think that?s the bottom line in a nutshell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those interested here is a link to the latest BMW accessories brochure; albeit the German version. Inside you will find details and pictures of the M carbon fibre parts, levers, rearsets, seats and luggage options etc. It doesn?t include prices, or all of the accessories listed in the BMW Press Pack, but it gives you an idea of what?s likely to be available when the bikes eventually start arriving.

https://www.bmw-motorrad.de/content...esCatalogue2019de.pdf.asset.1553070770340.pdf

For those interested here is a link to the latest BMW accessories brochure; albeit the German version. Inside you will find details and pictures of the M carbon fibre parts, levers, rearsets, seats and luggage options etc. It doesn?t include prices, or all of the accessories listed in the BMW Press Pack, but it gives you an idea of what?s likely to be available when the bikes eventually start arriving.

https://www.bmw-motorrad.de/content...esCatalogue2019de.pdf.asset.1553070770340.pdf
Cheers for the link...my german is rubbish but have to admit it does look a lot more classier and sophisticated....

Quick question for those that have ordered a new one....but how many have ordered M Sport colours and how many have ordered red? At first I was warming to the red but more recently I'm favouring the M Sport...
Or do I wait till 2020 for new colour scheme? decisions decisions....lol

My local dealer hinted at a grey one being released...but hey add it to the rumour mill. Defo M sport I think favours most

When they released the 2015 model the Motorsports colours were an optional extra which ?only? cost ?500. For this model, if your decision is based solely on colour choice alone, it will cost you ?4,410 (over the Standard model) or ?3,000 (over the Sport model) respectively which makes for a very expensive paint scheme!

There are quite a few upgrades bundled...my question is, is there anything a Red Sport can't have from the factory?

- Alex

There are quite a few upgrades bundled...

Very true. It just makes it very expensive if your choice is driven by colour alone. I am surprised BMW didn?t release a black version as well like they normally do.

Another thing for me is will a fat bugger like me really notice the difference in a lightweight battery? lol i think not....could save my self a few quid on the battery and mcdonalds just by doing a diet for a few weeks....same result

Some nice accessories there, I fancy the rearsets, datalogger and some carbon parts. No exhaust option though? Apart from Alpha racing, is there any exhaust options available just now?

Unfortunately, you are unlikely to see any other exhaust options, apart from Akrapovič, for a while yet.

Give it 3-6 months once the bike is released and there will be a plethora of options available.

Back