Racefit or SC-Project

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malic1212

Reaction score
Thinking about a new silencer for the HP4. Can't decide between racefit or SC-Project. Anyone got any experience with either of these?

very similar....both pretty loud....SC Project approx ?600, Racefit ?400 ....haven't had any experience of dealing with SC but John @ Racefit is a legend....really passionate about his work and really helpful ;)

very similar....both pretty loud....SC Project approx ?600, Racefit ?400 ....haven't had any experience of dealing with SC but John @ Racefit is a legend....really passionate about his work and really helpful ;)

Racefit all the way for me. Hand made titanium exhaust and sounds the business. I have the Black edition and a long growler with baffle and diffuser. John is a top bloke, nothing is too much trouble for him. IMHO the 'long growler' sounds that bit better, a bit deeper and pops and bangs really well. It is very much each to their own though. Followed my cousin yesterday who has a black edition on his 16 plate RR and was quite liking the slightly higher pitched noise.

Looking at the SC Project site, you get a Stainless link pipe and a titanium end can for ?200 more. The racefit exhaust is all titanium, and a good grade of titanium at that.

The specific link pipe (built in stainless steel AISI 304 with a reduced thickness and proofly cared T.I.G weldings) was studied to guarantee the highest performance and a perfect coupling with the silencer thanks to the usage of a bushing obtained by the full part and CNC worked to guarantee an extreme precision in the montage and a notable aesthetic detail. The silencer is equipped with a fixed attack and the absence of the silencer clamp exalts the refined aesthetic effect. The particular conic structure guarantees a characteristic deep and gloomy sound, which distinguishes all conic silencers."

To me the above says it all.

Both good exhausts however, and both far superior than the inconel AR exhausts which are a copy of the Racefit.... ;-)

Racefit all the way for me. Hand made titanium exhaust and sounds the business. I have the Black edition and a long growler with baffle and diffuser. John is a top bloke, nothing is too much trouble for him. IMHO the 'long growler' sounds that bit better, a bit deeper and pops and bangs really well. It is very much each to their own though. Followed my cousin yesterday who has a black edition on his 16 plate RR and was quite liking the slightly higher pitched noise.

Looking at the SC Project site, you get a Stainless link pipe and a titanium end can for ?200 more. The racefit exhaust is all titanium, and a good grade of titanium at that.

The specific link pipe (built in stainless steel AISI 304 with a reduced thickness and proofly cared T.I.G weldings) was studied to guarantee the highest performance and a perfect coupling with the silencer thanks to the usage of a bushing obtained by the full part and CNC worked to guarantee an extreme precision in the montage and a notable aesthetic detail. The silencer is equipped with a fixed attack and the absence of the silencer clamp exalts the refined aesthetic effect. The particular conic structure guarantees a characteristic deep and gloomy sound, which distinguishes all conic silencers."

Both good exhausts however, and both far superior than the inconel AR exhausts which are a copy of the Racefit.... ;-)

will the growler fit the HP4? Mine doesn't have a hanger on the rear set.

I have the SC project CRT titanium fitted and it sounds loud........ i love it (Loud pipes saves lives haha), the only issue i have with it is sometimes my boot catches on the link pipe when standing at lights etc and it marks the link pipe . Was thinking of fitting a carbon cover like on the Akro to stop this happening before it burns through my boot haha
1b12e4a6366d5e20fc077fcee6405be4.jpg

Last edited:
[h=2]Re: Racefit or SC-Project[/h]

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by CDPDesign

will the growler fit the HP4? Mine doesn't have a hanger on the rear set.​

it should do.

Re: Racefit or SC-Project

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by CDPDesign

will the growler fit the HP4? Mine doesn't have a hanger on the rear set.​

it should do.

Do you have a link to the RaceFit or any pictures of their system?

Full AR Inconel on mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVWTUnAPHo0

46f7aa6cfe7c2f4df70e59062519f99b.jpg

Not fancy my wee Delkevic 3 inch open can Davy..great sound off it. Cost me less than 145 quid lol..its well loud

Sent from Galaxy S7

Got it made up.. just a 3 inch piece of stainless bar drilled at 2inch centres. Needless to say mate if you buy the same can Ill send you one thru

Sent from Galaxy S7

Do you have a link to the RaceFit or any pictures of their system?

Full AR Inconel on mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVWTUnAPHo0
there's loads on the racefit website of BMW's and different bikes; even done the new Honda SP...

IMAG1597.jpgIMAG1603.jpg - couple of the black edition on my 15 plate S1000rr... Have the long growler on my 16 plate but cant find any pics on laptop at the moment. few boot marks on there that have been polished off now...

IMG-20160323-WA0034.jpg Difference in length between Black edition and long growler. IMHO the extra length gives a better sound ;-)

Got it made up.. just a 3 inch piece of stainless bar drilled at 2inch centres. Needless to say mate if you buy the same can Ill send you one thru

Sent from Galaxy S7

cheers bud. I'll have a think on what to go for. The guy from Racefit said he'd make me a link if I gave him the measurements. Maybe something with the hp4 logo??? Fingers crossed.

Back