R1200r

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
My Mate Andy bought on from Dalkeith a couple of weeks ago... he's a shorty so suits him well for leg reach. GS owners will be familiar with this engine, I had a quick shot round the block earlier.. It's no slouch from take off, I guess it will run out of puff pretty quick but thinking good fun in the bends.

20170319_163246.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My pops has the 15 R1200R exclusive

It was the first bike he had with blipper and DDC, same for me. Made me test ride a RR

Engine has so much torque and is one of the lowest seat heights BMW sell. Around 785?mm stock. Sounds good with the stock can too

Your friend Andy has made a good choice 👍

Also uses the cast s1000rr discs and has similar Brembo calipers but they only have two pads per caliper.

(However since using my RR he's now after a '17 XR- if it's low enough to gain some of the top end rush ..!)

Aye I think so too Westy...I had it round the block and it felt good tho a bit soft in the front end but im guessing he had it in couch mode .

The can does sound good. We looked at the calipers I think they are monobloc like my HP as there were no bolts or seam to be seen on the bodies... good choice for him.

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
Back