KTM 1290 Super Adventure (2015) - Advice wanted

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kipperfish

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
When my RR was in the shop I test rode a GS and a GSA.
I preferred the GSA, but it's just too wide for my commute, and the GS just fails in the all important grin factor for me.

So..... a friend suggested that I look at the KTM Super Adventure, does anyone have any experience on one (I'm finding it REALLY hard to find a demo at the moment)?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I had a go on my mates 1190 adventure, it was a lovely bike to ride, quick and smooth.

And best of all I didn't feel heavy at all.

I would definitely test ride one or maybe the new 1290 duke.

I've ridden a 1290SA. superb bit of kit, fast, fun, sharp handling. In the end I went for a GSA TE because I felt it complimented my S1000RR better and had the shaft drive I really wanted to make winter riding less hassle, while I like the GSA the KTM is a much sportier bit of kit. I've been toying with the idea of chopping my GS in for a 1290 Adenture R ...

Thanks guys! I really liked the GSA, but for some reason the GS just doesn't set my world on fire.
While I really like the 1290 SA S (I LOVE the new lights and iPad dash), but I can't justify the extra cash (I started this with a 10k budget for a 2nd hand GS)

Back