BMW alarm

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordo

Reaction score
Hi all

Sorry if this has been covered I did look

What make is the factory alarm as I'm trying to sort out insurance and cannot find it listed

I also take it the bike has a immobiliser like Honda hiss does any one know what this is listed as

Cheers

G

when i fitted mine i remember the dealer saying the only insurance that recognises it was bmw.

still gor one

Gordo - if you use one of the comparison sites (I used confused.com) they have a drop down option box for fitted security devices and that lists both the BMW factory fitted alarm + immob or just immob only. Hope this helps.
Cheers

FWIW, I only found out mine had one fitted after purchase and the insurance was organised. Told the insurance company, but it didn't alter the payment one penny...

Cheers all gutted my blade was 180 fully comp and now 394 but I guess it's a good price
considering the value of the bike

Just counting the days now till I pick it up Saturday

Cheers

G

Dont forget datatag, I believe it comes standard. It may make a difference to your insurance. BMW will issue a datatag certificate which you will need to pass on to your insurnace company.

I pick mine up this saturday as well. I had to phone my insurance company and tell them the alarm and immobiliser was fitted. It knocked another £80 off the insurance.

Don't talk about datatag at no point did the dealer mention that one comes as standard
so I have brought one ready to fit myself then last night I get a email from datatag saying thanks for registering your BMW wtf

Cheers

G

I looked into fitting a CAT 1 alarm when I purchased mine, the guy asked what bike I wanted it fitting to and he ran away ;D

He told me that the BMW alarm is made by Meta, however the insurance companies didn't recognise it as a CAT 1 alarm, he also metioned that he'd fitted a Datatool system to a S1K and it worked ok but mucked up the traction control. Apparently he said he'd not go near another s1k to put in an aftermarket alarm. I just went through the disc/lock option found the one that reduced my insurance and bought that.

Had to have an alarm fitted to my second hand 2010 s1k for insurance purposes, datatool s4 c1 red. Seems fine, no problems up to now.

Back