Alex - 2017 S1000RR - Grey/Black

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alpha Racing

alpha Racing carbon fibre is ultimately designed for race/track use. It's produced cheaply as at some point most race bikes will inevitably be crashed so aesthetics are not really a concern. The priority is that the carbon fibre is lightweight and cheap to replace. As previously posted the parts in question perform extremely well during a crash.

Re: Alex - My new toy...

Your new bike looks spot on Alex!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love cruise control!!!
And Gearshift Assist!!!
Flippin' awesome tech

Covered a good 250-300miles in 2 days. (Forgot to check the odo when I hopped off just now).

Been on mainly non-DC A-roads trying to use the rev range as much as possible. Smacked into the limiter a couple of times oops, hellloooo handlebars :eek:

3750 iiiissss tttthhhheeee bbbuuuuzzziiiieessssttt part of the rev range, I'm working on avoiding it ;)

As for the carbon discussion, I see both sides. I've asked PF to see if they have a better one, but if not no biggie. I won't be staring at it for hours ;)

- Sent from Mobile

Right turn assist.

I 'think' I've figured it out. I have a tendency to put a lot of weight through the right peg whilst sitting ever so slightly off to the left of the bike. This actually tips the bike the right. If I get myself more centralised and stop pushing the pegs unevenly the turn is massively reduced. The end can is definitely having an effect but my position is exaggerating that. And you have to ride without interacting with the bars to really know, which I'm pretty sure is frowned upon.

Hi Alex,

Did you buy from Cannons.....Im sure I see your bike on Friday?? Has Brembo Master Cylinder and Lever and Carbon Rear seat?

Yes chap - my old Full Six cowl with camera mount and datalogger velcro, looking a bit sh!t on a brand new bike! :eek:

Lol.....It looked nice bud....I deal with Cannons great bunch of Guys! I bought mine from Richard..

How much was the Brembo Cylinder and Lever? And does make a big difference?

Envy you in a way, I can remember when I picked up my '15 for the 1st time ........ All you need now is a set of fairings for the track :beguiled::beguiled:

I bought mine cause the one on my '12 started to fail, I had them move it over to the '17. TBH I never did get a great lever action with the Brembo on the '12 but I suspect the ABS unit was to blame in hindsight. On the '17 it's markedly better, strong and easy to modulate. The whole brake system seems night and day from my old bike so I guess I'm saying I have no idea what difference it makes alone, but I am happy with it.

Best price I found was here; http://www.carpimoto.it/en-GB/31895_110A26310-Radial-Brake-Master-Cylinder-Brembo-19RCS-.htm

Looks lush Alex, should of guessed when you test rode a restricted one recently ha
Same colour scheme as BVG's

What is the system / bag you have on the rear for luggage? Looks a useful size too.

Hope you get many miles & more smiles in April then. Would be good to see your opinion of aftermarket suspension now you have DDC & which you prefer.

Also I'm in Southampton if you need any accommodation prior to your Ferry journey to Spain

Its the BMW Gen 3 Tail Bag Westy. It's a good size and it is slightly expandable. Water Resistant, not proof. About 30-35L all in. If you pack well you can almost certainly do a week away with it. It's stable and fits the cowl. Quick to release too.
The bike will be shipped to Spain and I'll join it at Jerez ;)
By then it will need some changes made...

Last edited:

Alex, just got off the phone with GB racing. Clutch cover is different between 16-17 models and new clutch cover should be available in the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully just in time for my Aragon trip.

Last edited:

I better call them and see if I can get one by the 8th

- Sent from Mobile

He reckoned it would be on the market by the end of this week and told me to call back if not and they'd try to sort me out.

Alex - My new toy...

Pulled up to a forecourt after 180miles today with another 20 to go at that point (480 completed).

After a 10min pause I got back on and looked down to my left.
That looks fresh, thinks I.
e429d43d9704bba08e553fa1ff7c2dac.jpg

Oh
56ac242ddb262042b945e4389972a2bb.jpg

Ffs
473baf04d478f8bd68baba2e5933acfb.jpg

The first service is booked for the 4th. I think I'll get it down there early, will talk to Bahnstormers, Alton tomorrow. I hope its something like a seal.

(GB covers had some ACF50 on them from previous bike)

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:

You and bikes eh?

Whatever you do, and this is life saving advice, stay away from my bike lol.

....think it'll be fine btw. Have you checked the bolts for the protectors are tight? Looks to me like they've not done them up properly?

If it was the seal it would be underneath the cover. Edit - I mean below.

Last edited:
Back