Alex - 2017 S1000RR - Grey/Black

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The RS2E traction control doesn't get old...just dug out some film from Donington in June 2019.

For those critiquing my main notes are; too much dwell time from throttle to brakes, lazy lines at times - still can't get my trajectory down Craners right, no trail braking especially Redgate (T1), tapping the throttle too early out of Goddards (last corner) and ruining the exit line.

Could never get tired of that track

Only not having planes dumping avgas on it would improve it.

Discs are Brembo supersport/hpk
Pads are PFC95 in the vid but I currently use Brembo Z04/Brembo Sc's depending on if the bike is in road or track mode.

- Alex

Last edited:
Its great that UK has some many good tracks.
Brands, Oulton, Donny, Cadders, Snetterton and Silverstone all offer a fantastic experience.

- Alex

Brands, Oulton, Donny, Cadders, Snetterton and Silverstone all offer a fantastic experience.

- Alex

I agree... they all give a variety of corners to tackle all peoples ability and bikes

Loving the YouTube videos Alex... get filming some more!

- Alex

well, they are great until you hit Jerez, Misano and Mugello....lol

Last edited:
Sheesh first ride since October. I'm done in. Its hot out there! Its a different kind of work out from on track...not that I am fit for that either.

Getting in and out of London is a lot of clutch work even with a blipper. Hands were screaming by the end.

A3, A31, A32, A272, A24, A3. Nothing spectacular, tyres are still nice and clean on the edges [emoji23] just nice to be back out there practicing.

- Alex

Sheesh first ride since October. I'm done in. Its hot out there! Its a different kind of work out from on track...not that I am fit for that either.

Getting in and out of London is a lot of clutch work even with a blipper. Hands were screaming by the end.

A3, A31, A32, A272, A24, A3. Nothing spectacular, tyres are still nice and clean on the edges [emoji23] just nice to be back out there practicing.

- Alex

The thing that?s always got me on the first ride is when you properly snap that throttle open and hold it wide open for 10 seconds. What was easy at the end of last year is now like being in a cartoon. Eyes on stalks punching through the visor. ???

The thing that?s always got me on the first ride is when you properly snap that throttle open and hold it wide open for 10 seconds. What was easy at the end of last year is now like being in a cartoon. Eyes on stalks punching through the visor. ???

Not many roads you can WOT around here...the quick (~56 degree) throttle was pretty good considering. But the first 10degrees could be surprisingly pokey. Ridiculously fast machines.

Did you see a lot more old bill / speed cameras around? More than usual?

Back