Alex - 2017 S1000RR - Grey/Black

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the Venture Shield tank kit from Chip Guard UK.

I fitted it and as per usual the curve towards the bottom of the tank caused the main issues. Small lifts on the side that just would not stick. Grrr. I worry that during riding I will lift them.

I'm going to try using only this tank covering as I don't grip there with my knees when road riding, I have Stomp grips on the carbon for braking support.

I wanted more Grey on show.

Kit/film is very good, I think if I was starting again I would stick it to the fuel filler/top end first and then have more of a play at the other end, to smooth it out.

01b2c5fa37362dab7da4d567a9eaa55c.jpg

3578cf97a47b157b3d7ef2339213005d.jpg

8c52cde852bbc628756e41bca723bc66.jpg

314e082417dfde5e5b7fe4254b744dbf.jpg

- Alex

Last edited:
PCP paid off, good riddance. Won't be doing that again if I can help it. HP over a longer term everytime. (Not rich enough for cash)

Not one call from the dealer that sold me my Gen3 to see what I wanted to do, at the end of the term, or even if I was keeping it.

- Alex

PCP paid off, good riddance. Won't be doing that again if I can help it. HP over a longer term everytime. (Not rich enough for cash)

Not one call from the dealer that sold me my Gen3 to see what I wanted to do, at the end of the term, or even if I was keeping it.

- Alex
Being in car sales we always try and call customers on years 2, 3, and 4....never know if the customer has had a change in circumstances....but yeah PCP is dead money. Just got rid of my A6 black edition....17k I pumped into that car and have nothing to show for it.....but hey car allowance covered that cost....(just a shame company starts to pay u less and less each year lol)

You're sold PCP as a magical way to have a deposit for the next vehicle, bit the way its done you come out with 1k of net equity...and a massive deposit needed for the next one.

Least this way I can sell privately when I want for 3-+k higher than trade-in

- Alex

Even though I do finance.....I've never understood the GFV for bikes....7-8k balloon....yet the bike is worth 10-11k (this is when I was looking at Gen 3s)....however thats retail so then your px trade in is always going to be significantly lower.
There was rumours that PCP was the new PPI claim....and customers weren't aware of the finance they had....or mileage limits...or even a balloon... shocking really
But hey ur finance free and now a proud owner....whens ur gen 4 arriving? lol

Cant see how PCP could be the 'new PPI'. PCP deals are very clear on mileage limits and balance to pay amounts.

PPI was so bad because people were paying for it even if they didn't know they had it. I cancelled/refused all the PPI stuff back in the early noughties because I am technically self-employed and knew it wouldn't pay out if I was to ever claim. Then when the PPI scandal came out I metaphorically kicked myself for being so switched on and missing out on the generous interest payments on the amounts people were getting back.

When the deadline came along last year, at the eleventh hour I decided to fill in the HBOS online PPI complaint form and fire it off because it only took a few minutes to complete (with some very vague info because I couldn't be bothered to dig out old statements etc), and I thought why not chance my arm as it was a simple thing to try. So you can imagine my surprise when they sent me a settlement of ?3k back in January! Thats the thing with PPI, even though I thought I had none, they had still managed to hide premiums in my payments without me knowing. PCP is nothing like that.

Our compliance and audit teams face complaints on a regular basis. Amazes me how people aren't actually aware what they are signing for. But customers being customers try and wiggle out of everything. Hence why FCA got involved and its all regulated now.

Re PPI i had 'the claims guys' say I had it back in 1984.....I did chuckle as I would have been 8.....lol But one day Barclays did stuff again same as you 3k in to my account for PPI charges over the years....

Anyways...sorry to digress your showroom thread Alex....lovely bike and jeans lol

Same discs as I just fitted to my HP4...they felt really good out on the road yesterday fwiw...

Bikes looking sharp Alex [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cheers.

I actually ordered the SuperSport discs but they (CarpiMoto) emailed to say they were on back order and did I want an alternative. I chose standard ORO instead of T-Drive.

I had to replace the OEM'S as no matter how much I cleaned the bobbins I was getting a vibration under braking.

SC pads to match on the road...with a little track work.

The DRC2 front tyre came from a chap on FB, 1/2 price, brand new, I was a little worried I was getting done over but to be fair its worked out. Matched it with a 200/60 rear from FWR.

- Alex

Yea I thought you had ordered different discs.. my front end feels good, I forgot I had overhauled my calipers too inc new pistons... so for me they should be better....kind of thinking I should have gone to 330.... I'm hoping the new pads, caliper overhaul, discs and dealer bleed makes me happier, but they did feel good yesterday...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The RS2E traction control doesn't get old...just dug out some film from Donington in June 2019.

For those critiquing my main notes are; too much dwell time from throttle to brakes, lazy lines at times - still can't get my trajectory down Craners right, no trail braking especially Redgate (T1), tapping the throttle too early out of Goddards (last corner) and ruining the exit line.

Back