Alex - 2017 S1000RR - Grey/Black

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alex - My new toy...

2 miles, thats all it said on the odo. I have never bought new before and whilst technically its a waste of money, it is a nice feeling to know that every thing was fresh and new.

I specced everything except the alarm (tracker to be fitted).
ABS Pro, all the dynamics/assists, forged rims and pillion pack.
Metz K3 RR's fitted (200 rear)

So what have I noticed...she's light on her feet, steering is quick without any nervousness. Throttle is smooth, brakes are very strong, stronger than I have come to expect, my Brembo RCS was moved over which has contributed.

I have noticed some buzz to the bars...but I have fitted the bar-end guards, so this could be contributing. I'll worry about it more after the 500miles service. (For ref its 350-600 miles) so I am aiming for 500 asap as she's off to Spain in April 😉

As some have spotted a few parts have transfered over; 2 GB-Racing engine covers, clutch cover didn't fit and nor did the lightech frame blobs. The evotech rad guards and license plate holder made it too. The aforementioned Brembo RCS brake has a Rizoma LCR702B clutch companion with adjustable span (new part). The lightech chain adjusters have made it over too. I bought a telferizer yoke ram mount in readiness and thats fitted nice'n'snug much better than Ram Mounts own version.

I have a number of items ready to go on asap. Some others on their way. Nothing crazy IMO.

I do have a bit of right turn assist. So I think I need to remove some weight on that side...

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Alpha parts via PrimeFactors and the forum discount

346bc3098d0e9945e19b38e4b0314d47.jpg

What do you think of this? They are only frame covers...but its a bit wonky here...

f95e1b2a49e809b890a045a95d9ff7b9.jpg

- Sent from Mobile

Plenty money being spent there. Good man.. is it obvious when you offer it up to the bike ?.. that would probably bug me.

Sent from Galaxy S7

Alpha parts via PrimeFactors and the forum discount

346bc3098d0e9945e19b38e4b0314d47.jpg

What do you think of this? They are only frame covers...but its a bit wonky here...

f95e1b2a49e809b890a045a95d9ff7b9.jpg

- Sent from Mobile

I would have to send that back for a replacement as you know its there and it would just drive me crazy.

Yes chap...but they won't fit with lever guards. I'll do something about it in due course.

- Sent from Mobile

New S1000RR

Very nice and I particularly like the colour scheme! I wouldn't worry about the weave of the carbon fibre on the frame protectors. A replacement is unlikely to be much better as alpha Racing's carbon fibre isn't designed for aesthetics but instead for race use. They do however do a very good job of protecting the frame should the worst happen on track.

Some really tasteful mods there Alex, as expected as your last bike was very classy looking. As far as the frame covers go personally I wouldn't accept them as I think that a true quality product would be both functionally sound and look the part. As a premium brand I can't beleive Alpha let that past quality control.

JmmyMac

alpha Racing Carbon Fibre Frame Protectors

Here are pictures of mine for comparison:

P1070014_zpskkdnjeos.jpg

P1070018_zpsbnzn31i1.jpg

Looking good Alex, I bought mine in the exact same spec and will be on track in April too immediately following 1st service.

Do you mind telling me what tghe issue was with the GB racing covers, I was going to fit a set before the bike goes in the stillage. Also Evotech Rad protection and was contemplating the frame protectors.

Be good to compare notes afterwards.

Hi Eddie, the dealer moved the bits, I was told everything was offered up but that piece woundn't fit. Until I get it and all the spares home I can't say more.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

congratulations alex! great choice , best colour , enjoy mate

Regarding the frame covers, Alpha hardware is for racing. As long as they are structurally up to it they could quite feasibly refuse a return. You should be buying street CF if it's for bling. Just sayin.

I'll speak to Geoff at PrimeFactors. If they have better versions I will ask to swap.

- Sent from Mobile

alpha Racing Carbon Fibre Frame Protectors

Regarding the frame covers, Alpha hardware is for racing. As long as they are structurally up to it they could quite feasibly refuse a return. You should be buying street CF if it's for bling. Just sayin.

+1.

Distance selling regs will guarantee a return on any purchase made over the Internet. I understand yours and Rys point Andy but it is easily argued if it wasn't meant to be an attractive piece of functional bodywork why gel coat it?

JimmyMac

The lacquer finish will be much thinner than on a street cf product and is applied to make it non abrasive and easy to clean/wipe.

Race cf is cheaper than street cf. I don't disagree a return should be fine, my point is that race cf is not produced to be cosmetically perfect so the product pictured is in itself absolutely fine. People sometimes purchase race cf to save a few quid without that understanding, so naturally are disappointed. I'd be looking at Ilmberger or FullSix for nice street cf.

Back