12 back end on a 10 bike.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Japcati

Reaction score
Easy to do and makes the 10 bike look so much sleeker.

10 back end,2.5 inches wider than the slimmer and sleeker 12 back end.

10 V 12 seats

12 back end fitted,sleeker look.

Custom seat bump pad fitted.

Also have the 12 vented tank/ecu cover fitted.Then replaced that with Ilmberger carbon version.

And a tail tidy cut down to size and repainted to suit the nee sleeker back end.

Nice set up Japcati, liking that tank cover with the vents, never seen that before, lovely other bikes too. But seeing as I haven't had my tea yet I was getting hungry looking at your pallets of Digestive biscuits, lol.

JimmyMac

Nice set up Japcati, liking that tank cover with the vents, never seen that before, lovely other bikes too. But seeing as I haven't had my tea yet I was getting hungry looking at your pallets of Digestive biscuits, lol.

JimmyMac

Ah those,yeah they go down well with a hot cuppa......haha

The conversion is straight forward and no hacking of parts is needed.

Parts needed are from 2002-2014 models of bike.

Whats needed are the following items................

Seat
Tail piece
Rear under tail piece.

The 10 seat cowl and pillion seat are the same as the 12-14 so you dont need them.
I also went with a RG Carbon tail sliders,and a Hornig dark tinted rear LED brake/indicator light unit,to clean the back end up completely.

In my personal opinion,this conversion gives the 09-11 bikes a much sleeker cleaner look to them.

it's a very nice mod that mate, some funny banter in this thread had tears in my eyes ..... hob nobs......

it's a very nice mod that mate, some funny banter in this thread had tears in my eyes ..... hob nobs......

Thanks,ah sure I can be a bit of a hobnob myself from time to time.....lok

Back