Anyone near their Gen 3

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RacersEdge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Bit of a long shot, but as per title, is there anyone near their gen 3 right now with pillion pegs and a standard exhaust fitted?

I need to know the clearance between the bottom of the pillion pegs and the top of the exhaust. I have the chance of some 40mm pillion peg extenders which will please the missus no end, but I'm not near my bike. I was after these a long time ago and I suspect from memory that at 40mm they will smack into the exhaust at the first sign of a bump and suspension compression.

If anyone is about that would be most helpful!
TIM

Suspension compression won't affect gap between peg and exhaust,they're both fixed. Afraid I don't have pillion pegs on mine to measure. Is there any pics on bmw site with pegs fitted and you could see gap between exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually glad ... very glad ... you needed this as it made me walk down to the garage - where I found my bike key on the path! I must have dropped it on the way in last night.

FreudianSlip, thank you very much. Looking at your pics whilst there might be (just) 40mm in the direction of travel of your rule, its bloody marginal and doesn't look like there would be enough in the direction the pegs would go in as standard, but given that the extender is adjustable to pull forward as well you've given me another idea that would further alleviate the pillion leg position.

@RRoss -Thanks - I'm an idiot!

Back