Akrapovic 2017 slip on!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RacersEdge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else seen this? Love it. Thoughts?

d0cfc7952550b6593e542b895c1a344e.jpg

Akrapovič

Aesthetically I quite like it but I would be very surprised if it passed trackday noise testing. That said it does look much better than the other slip-on option available from Akrapovič for the 2017 model.

Personally I'm not a fan of this shape of MotoGP can. I also think at ?650 its a bit of a rip-off.

I think I am about to hit the button on an AR can... the same as MacRR's actually, but if I had a '17 model I think this would give me pause for thought, although I agree price is high!

Last edited:
Akrapovič

Like any exhaust from Akrapovič it is expensive but it does cost significantly less than the other option available.

I like it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm waiting to see what A.R come up with too. It's prob a full system id prefer purely get rid of the square cat box but A.R full systems are so far way over priced. Other option is a carbon belly pan if it will fit over cat to hide it. Not sure if that is viable or not though?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you have full system from AR you will also need a power commander, as advised by AR themselves

I'm waiting to see what A.R come up with too. It's prob a full system id prefer purely get rid of the square cat box but A.R full systems are so far way over priced. Other option is a carbon belly pan if it will fit over cat to hide it. Not sure if that is viable or not though?

If you have full system from AR you will also need a power commander, as advised by AR themselves
Yeah I thought as much. I think the akra full system for some reason doesn't need a remap/powercommander according to Akrapovic. Not sure how that can be though

Akrapovič

The only way to find out whether or not you need to have the bike mapped is to have a baseline power run conducted on a Dyno to check the A-F ratio etc. From experience every time I have fitted an Akrapovič full exhaust system to any of my track/race bikes they have needed to remapped regardless of what Akrapovič have stated on their website. Likewise there is very little point in fitting a full system if you are not going to take full advantage of the benefits that fitting one offers.

Re: Akrapovič

The only way to find out whether or not you need to have the bike mapped is to have a baseline power run conducted on a Dyno to check the A-F ratio etc. From experience every time I have fitted an Akrapovič full exhaust system to any of my track/race bikes they have needed to remapped regardless of what Akrapovič have stated on their website. Likewise there is very little point in fitting a full system if you are not going to take full advantage of the benefits that fitting one offers.
Cool. Thanks for that info, much appreciated [emoji106]

I'm not a huge fan of it. I prefer slightly longer cans.

I'm probably going to go for a full system but I'd say I'll have to wait a while for options

Back