Arrow Evolution Full System

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JordanP

Reaction score
Chaps,

Is anyone on here running the Arrow Evolution full system on there bike? Sold the Akrapovic slip on off my Gen 3 and looking for a replacement.

Was debating another slip on of some description but I've found this Arrow one for just under ?900 which I thought was pretty good for a full system.

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d13e1621f729df537d5694ed4666d6fd.jpg

This is the one I mean.

Arrow Competition Evolution Full System

Most avoid the Arrow Competition Evo system as it's simply too loud and B&C Express (Arrow's UK importer) sell very few of them due to this reason.

I had looked at this system as I think it's the best looking exhaust for the S1KRR, but from what I've heard it's "insanely loud" even with earplugs in, and some people have reported that it burns the standard lower fairings.

Re: Arrow Competition Evolution Full System

Most avoid the Arrow Competition Evo system as it's simply too loud and B&C Express (Arrow's UK importer) sell very few of them due to this reason.

Thanks for the reply Ryan. You had the Arrow slip on on yours originally didn't you? How did you find it?

We run arrow, a slightly different system, but it's 110db without baffle.
It's high level so longer pipe. Don't think a stubby would be much different.
Just incase you thought about track day stuff.

We run arrow, a slightly different system, but it's 110db without baffle.
It's high level so longer pipe. Don't think a stubby would be much different.
Just incase you thought about track day stuff.

Thanks Paul. Really considering a full system as I'm not a massive fan of any End cans.

Presuming it will need a re map etc? Does it effect the warranty or any future MoT results as there will be not CAT?

Jordan, we run race bikes so just about everything i do to the bike from the moment it leaves the showroom will void the warranty.
It flags up every single light on the dash too, see some of my back posts for issues raised building the 17 bike.
We run in the engine on the dyno to base map, then unlock the ECU and full power map, then get the calibration kit and switch evening off, or what would have abs and suspension lights flashing constantly.

Jordan, we run race bikes so just about everything i do to the bike from the moment it leaves the showroom will void the warranty.
It flags up every single light on the dash too, see some of my back posts for issues raised building the 17 bike.
We run in the engine on the dyno to base map, then unlock the ECU and full power map, then get the calibration kit and switch evening off, or what would have abs and suspension lights flashing constantly.

Thanks for the reply Paul.

I bought my bike with 3000 miles on. I understand it's not just a case of bolting a full system and and away you go. I presume it will need some sort of map or re tune?

I'm not the most technically minded user on this forum so your advice is appreciated.

It depends on what you want from your system. Think of it as allowing the engine to breath, clean fresh air in and all the byproduct of the 4 stroke combustion cycle out. In simple terms, now the length and diameter of the pipes can create power low, mid, or high in the revs. When you map a bike for fuel and ignition, all you are actually doing is making the motor more efficient, by burning ALL of the fuel and air mixture.
The byproduct of that is BHP :):)... Gold
Now BHP is nice for bragging rights in the boozer but alongside the BHP comes torque, mid range torque is what's required as nobody sits around 4k or up at 13k we want the fat bit in the middle both on road and track. Now a paper pleated filter is as efficient as any after market job nowadays. But a foam one is reusable once cleaned and oiled.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It depends on what you want from your system. Think of it as allowing the engine to breath, clean fresh air in and all the byproduct of the 4 stroke combustion cycle out. In simple terms, now the length and diameter of the pipes can create power low, mid, or high in the revs. When you map a bike for fuel and ignition, all you are actually doing is making the motor more efficient, by burning ALL of the fuel and air mixture.
The byproduct of that is BHP :):)... Gold
Now BHP is nice for bragging rights in the boozer but alongside the BHP comes torque, mid range torque is what's required as nobody sits around 4k or up at 13k we want the fat bit in the middle both on road and track. Now a paper pleated filter is as efficient as any after market job nowadays. But a foam one is reusable once cleaned and oiled.

In terms of fitting a full system is it something that needs to be done at a dealership or is it something I can do my self with the right help?

Again I would point you in the direction of a pal of mine. Phil Crowe. He's default setting for BMW work

Again I would point you in the direction of a pal of mine. Phil Crowe. He's default setting for BMW work

Thanks Paul. Appreciate your time and advice on this.

Presume he can take car of any mapping etc?

He does our race bikes. If he doesn't know it, it's now worth knowing
And won't charge BMW money.

If you can't find his number I'll forward it on Jordan

No drama. Probably guide you on which system, give you a deal for the lot doing.
Just drop a mention, you OK never know, team Arkoni

No drama. Probably guide you on which system, give you a deal for the lot doing.
Just drop a mention, you OK never know, team Arkoni

Top man. Thanks Paul

Latest posts

Back