Rubber grease or brake fluid

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's all down to your own maintenance, brembo cannot foresee how people will not look after their kit as described.

not a great advert for the Brembo calipers is it
cant believe that many need rebuilding in just a few years

Afraid to say there is no tourqe for the calipers bolts in the BMW service guide, I just removed the pistons without splitting the caliper, I had to use piston pullers, and I had to hit the piston pulled with a hammer to get them moving.

Attachments

• IMG_20170310_183918.jpg
    IMG_20170310_183918.jpg
    651.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I am REALLY supprised that BMW wont even split the calipers, to replace a full caliper rather that split it is nuts! F*@k it going to give it ago anyway......

Are the O rings available? Before you split it? It's not difficult work.
Why surprised? A caliper will cost them about 150. To split one will be 2 hours labour charge. The maths isn't even worth it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's not just the calipers
It's the only bike I've had that you can't buy the internals for the starter motor you have to buy it complete
Cha- ching !!!

Surely a windings place can deal with that though??

Fair dos if it just comes down to a cost issue, done plenty of calipers in the past easy enough, had no problems ,there just seems to be a bit of a stink about splitting these was wondering why?

Bet it all comes down to maths. I asked BMW why front disc bolts come in packs of 10 when 12 are required per front. They said for accounting and stock. Multiples of 10 are easier. I said that's ridiculous. They said German efficiency. You have to laugh. :)

Spoke to rainbow BMW they said its a no no , BMW wont suply the o ring, Bmw state that the calipers should never be split , Baws! they must be covering there arse. P0u1 what piston pullers did you use mate?

Just buy a multi O ring box, decent brand not cheap china shit.
Will be spot on. Bet Brembo have a full seal kit available.

I got a Draper one but it was a bit shit tbh, I would use it again but if I was looking for something to hold on to I would look for something better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170318-111718.jpg
    Screenshot_20170318-111718.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 40
Spoke to rainbow BMW they said its a no no , BMW wont suply the o ring, Bmw state that the calipers should never be split , Baws! they must be covering there arse. P0u1 what piston pullers did you use mate?
Sake ! Much are new Callipers Davy ?

Sent from Galaxy S7

When I came to rebuild mine I looked at getting m4 replacements, there about 500quid new with pads, the seals and new pads came to 160 quid so i thought i should see how i get on with the stock calipers first.

Btw the power house seal kit fines with the o ring to replace when you split the caliper but I can't recommend splitting the caliper as I don't know if the bolts are stretch bolts or not.

Last edited:
Just ordering the GP4RX when they come into the country.

Sake ! Much are new Callipers Davy ?

Sent from Galaxy S7

I got them sorted mate , split them , all sorted now.

had a shit day though crash my bros bike ended up in the hospital ffs , great start to the season......

ive got heavy duty road rash up my right side , arms the worst got a fracture, C@#t , Bros bikes a write off...... gutted mate.

I got them sorted mate , split them , all sorted now.

had a shit day though crash my bros bike ended up in the hospital ffs , great start to the season......

ive got heavy duty road rash up my right side , arms the worst got a fracture, C@#t , Bros bikes a write off...... gutted mate.

Shit. Glad your ok, bikes can always be replaced..

Back