2015 hard suspension feeling

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Westy - Absolutely. the Key I think is not to be too abrupt with the throttle (not that I'm an electronics expert or riding god by any means), which I think causes the electronics to jump in and cut power very quickly. Are you clutching up or just bringing it up on the power? In second gear just sit back a bit from your usual riding position and roll it on. As the power comes in as revs rise just give a pull on the bars and up it comes. It'll do this in sport and race, and definitely comes right up. It wont stay up for ever because the electronics do bring it down eventually (not sure if its five seconds or what), but more than satisfying fairly vertical wheelies (depending on mode). In fact, I would go so far as to say that the anti wheelie has saved my ass on one particular cack handed experimentation, i was literally that vertical. If you just crack the throttle in first for sure the electronics will cut in quick and hold in down, but try my suggestion above and you can have some beautiful second gear overtakes on the rear (on the track of course).

Wish the roads weren't covered in salt to I could go try this just now! Of course I would only try this on the private roads around where I live

I use slick on the track (with slicks) but for the road I use user mode, the suspension settings in slick or race mode are too hard for me on the road, so I set the engine to slick and the suspension/braking to sport, then you can fine tune the suspension to suit.

If you want big wheelies, just turn the DTC off

Milbridger - Agree suspension needs to be in sport for the roads, but how do you find engine in slick on the roads? I really dislike the lack of engine braking that gives for the roads... personal preference I guess but I've caught myself out running wide one day and never been back in engine slick since. Guess i've just answered my own question there and need to practice on track.:eagerness:

I have got it Sussed on user mode, suspension ride is way better being set to sport / race for the road I find, not so stiff. DTC and engine in slick and its wheelie time all over again, woop! Why did it take me like a year to try and use user mode lol. Ride safe guys ����

I had the DDC fail on my '13 HP4C & the forks were rock hard, naybe 3/4" deflection! Fkin dangerous really cos it would just 'happen' & then you tip in to corner & the front just scrubs & pushes. Had it back to Wollaston a couple of time before they could sort it.
Pretty sure fault came back after tho.....

Back