Wheel balance kit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Tidy wee kit this ..if I had my way my whole bike would be in my lounge..
2559d38e12c1d9ea26553e8a53b8743b.jpg
a8dcb23da42036e00cb5a090413d19b2.jpg
f156936189a164dd0ebe4cdbbead5402.jpg
c563557aa6d41d088ce9e15d4ac61a07.jpg

Sent from Galaxy S7

White tyre soap...I was lying in my bed and that was preying on my mind... just nipped out and checked them lol

Sent from Galaxy S7

Aye good set up. . Think I paid 20 ish quid. Got my weights off the garage that slipped the tyres on... local Kwik Fit will assist id imagine Bananaman.

Sent from Galaxy S7

Wheel Weights

It all depends on the tyre. I?ve had some tyres fitted that have required no weights and others that have needed quite a lot to get the wheel to balance.

How much weight is normally required for the rears?

I've just put a set of power rs tyres on mine, and had to put 70g of weight to balance the rear. Seems like an awful lot!
Pretty sure that's OK...I think manual says max for rear wheel is 100g...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I'll have a look in the manual when/if I go out to the shed to put it back together tonight.

Just looks like a lot of weights on the wheel.

There was no coloured dots on the tyre to line up with the valve.

The front looked pretty good without any weights, but still took 20g to make it perfect.

If it's a problem whip off the wheel, break the bead and rotate the tyre say 90? but 70g is fine...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

just looked up the manual. BMW say 80g max, front and rear.

I'll need to order some better weights for next tyre change, the weights I got off my friend are only 5g, so need lots of them. He didn't have any bigger ones in black.

Lost interest putting it back togeter last night, cleaning the brakes and swing arm. After 4 ciders I thought I better not put it back together, so just heading out to do it just now.

Then hopefully first spinn of the year if the weather stays dry :D

Back