Front 2d sensor...how long did it last.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the software on the screen looked different, I just wondered if the guy had purchased the red box and subsequently received the full software expansion.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

attachment.php

attachment.php

carbon fiber protection sleeve for the front and rear. Those sensors do not like dust and the brake pads produce excessive dust.

These look familiar to me:loyal:. Those pics are from my bike.
This is how it looks on the bike
2wp2veu.jpg

As its been mentioned dust and water are not good for those sensors. I have seen this solution in many race bikes at EICMA 2015-2016. It is not difficult to install them and it offers very good protection for the sensors.

Now if it gets damaged you can try to clean them from dust and see how it goes.

Drloannis...could not believe amount of crap on the rod,cleaned it,ohm'd it and all now good..could you post more info regarding those on your bike please..seems a very sensible mod.

The protection sleeves are custom made from carbon tubes that you can find in the ebay. You must measure the max diameter of the sensor and buy 1-2mm larger carbon tube. Then you must cut them in the correct length and manufacture the base from lightweight aluminum (the trickiest part) and fix then above one end. Make some holes so there will not be any pressure resistance when the pot is working. Up until now I had no problems with the sensors front or rear for a year or so. It is not waterproof but its the best protection I can think that does not cause problems to the pot.

Back