New model launch day - 25th Feb.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Anyone attending the launch days across the country?

Various biking 'celebs' being promised plus a go on the new RR amongst others.

- Sent from Mobile

Aye Alex, I'm nipping up to John Clarks, was in there yesterday and managed to buy some Enduroguard gloves for a good price.
Enjoy your day out.

JimmyMac

Was launch day 8 days ago for us, and nothing but hard work since.. lol
Will all be worth it..

As a rule it's a shit time of year to be riding about due to it being winter. The dealership should be packed out with customers and staff, and parking should be a problem. Not for me.

Can't put a frontal pic on, just incase.

9fe235e2a7ee6eeef446bb166d6bec22.jpg

Are you contractually obliged to BMW to not show the bike until launch date?

Nothing was signed, but we said we wouldn't go and let the bike out getting seen.
I don't think that pic is found much damage from that angle.
It needs to hurry up though, I want to take photos of the stripped parts for selling on. I have thousands sat in bubble wrap that's got tyre money written all over it. :)

Pictures and specs of the latest flavours have been on bmw's website since the MY17 announcement last October. Think you might be ok?

Yeah but we took them on good will so they could be stripped down and race prepared, I wouldn't want to lose favour with them for the sake of a long week wait.
Nearly completed the build now, very long hard work on a short time frame.
About 60 hours in it so far.

That's a PITA - it was when I was hoping to do a test ride. I'd not be able to get much time if there is a queue of people just wanting a go on the new model.
I'll be surprised if there's many demo 2017 RRs available for test ride until 1st March??
Surely most of the dealers (mine included) would rather wait another week and register their bikes on 17 plates??

I saw 100 (yes, a hundred) grey black 2017's in a garage at Almeria. Bmw track and tours, ?2000 = flights, hotel, road and track bikes, tyres fuel etc...everything

- Sent from Mobile

They stick trade plates on Cavey
Mac i agree that would seem a logical way to do it but for some reason my dealer told me they wont be registering a new RR until 1st March and therefore no demos will be available until then?? Must admit i thought it was a bit odd to launch a new bike that no-one can ride?? Maybe i misunderstood? Wouldn't be the first time! ha:confused:

Back