200 tyre on standard wheels (2010)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm currently trying to buy supercorsas from a member on here and it is a 200 rear tyre (What I want)

I have a 2010 S1k with standard wheels I believe, Will the 200 tyre still fit onto them without any issue?

Thank you !

We use 200 all the time, the size is actually nominal and works out around 195 Ish.
No problems at all.

I was under the impression that using a 200 tyre caused issues with the traction control if you don't get it recalibrated first?

The ECU should be re-calibrated for a change of tyre size from 190 to 200 however,for normal road riding and most track riding it will not be noticeable.It is only when pushing hard on track that a loss of drive will be apparent exiting corners.A quick visit to the dealers to alter the ecu setting is then required.

As others have said,tyre diameters/circumferences vary both front and rear,so it really is a case of "suck it and see".
Also,bear in mind that BMW would base their 200 ECU setup on Supercorsas or 190 setup on Racetec/Bridgestone/Continental!

I was under the impression that using a 200 tyre caused issues with the traction control if you don't get it recalibrated first?

2010 S1000rr doesnt need to be recalibrated for sprocket changes or a 200 rear.

Back