2015 HP rearsets extra part mystery solved!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cally1066

Reaction score
whats this ???

this was in with my HP rearsets for the 2015 bike I have no idea what it is , the instructions don't tell me and I have to say the instructions are pretty shit as they had some torque settings for some bolts but not others lol

Re: whats this ???

It's the spacer for the gear change lever. You should have a longer one as well

Put it on top of the longer black space so the with the flat side against the spacer

Shite phone playing up! Put it on top of longer black spacer with flat side against long spacer and the pointy end against the bearing on the lever

Ash I only had this spacer I didn't have a longer one ?? Have you got a picture?

Whats your email address will send you some. Dunno how to add a photo on mobile site.

I'm still totally baffled what this is for , I had another look tonight at what ash described and I dont think it goes there anyone got the answer lol

BMW HP Rearsets

The instructions supplied with the BMW HP Rearsets are for how to adjust ergonomics and not for actual installation. The actual installation instructions are only fond on the BMW RSD system for use by their technicians and are not actually supplied with the rearsets. This is due to them being classed as a dealer fitted genuine accessory. i too had this part left over and when I questioned my BMW technician at my first service he proceeded to check the system. He confirmed that the part pictured above does not even feature in these instructions and suffice to say I've just left it in the box and my rearsets function perfectly without it.

BMW HP Rearsets

The spacer pictured above is for use with the HP Akrapovic slip-on and full systems. The OEM exhaust mounts directly to the right rearset whereas these exhausts do not. When you fit a HP Akrapovic slip-on or full system this bracket becomes redundant as the exhaust muffler secures to the bike via the rear pillion footrest or by using an optional carbon fibre exhaust hanger. The HP Rearsets are designed in such a way that the exhaust mounting bracket is removable. When you unscrew and remove it from the rearsets the spacer above is then required.

Glad that's all cleared up, it done my head in fir a while lol

The extra spacer washer that everyone wondered about.
c8577de8237fc839829f33369348df24.jpg

This one
80ee2949628e5b1b665e4a2a3e4cece4.jpg

Remove the hanger on the peg by removing two bolts
6b3e19410b045269d5a96200b6c1e543.jpg

Add the spacer and replace the larger bolt
44ac3934c0829a4ebe9288326eba2e8c.jpg

Tighten up and you get this
76c465aa286b93cbe60bb67a3f2bebca.jpg

The 2017 hanger is off the rear peg or separate hanger
4b5b497281c50082e9cadb174a4ba5d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do I get this spacer? While bike is at BMW I have asked them to get rid of the hanger bit, They said they are struggling to find a spacer.

How do I get this spacer? While bike is at BMW I have asked them to get rid of the hanger bit, They said they are struggling to find a spacer.

Not sure you can get parts for the HP rear sets Felix😕.
I wanted to remove my hanger bracket on mine when I was installing my HP rests. I didn't try to locate the spacer I needed. I just found a spacer in my "bits box" and modified it to fit. From memory the spacer has a male spigot on one side and a female spigot on the other side. If you remove the exhaust hanger piece from the footrest and look at the bracket, you'll see how the spacer should be configured. If you can't make one like I did, then someone with a small lathe should be able to knock one up for you. Hope this helps😊

Oh bugger >.< Okay I'll try contact some companies to help me out with making one, Thanks Roadrunner

Spacer

The spacer comes supplied with the HP rearsets and should be in the box.

Back