Shift Spring Upgrade

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for this and I did come across it on my search but would of preferred some pics :) I think I'll just get stuck in and take my time as normal. Take it you have noticed a marked improvement? Did it fix false neutrals for you?

Never had false neutrals, I did it as a precautionary measure along with a new star shift. Mines track only so gets a gearbox hammering. No issues to talk of as yet thank goodness :)

Never looked into it or needed to fit one, guess I just got used to a firm shift since 2010 lol
Take it that this change forces a firmer shift to counteract a stiffer spring?

I've tried firmer shifts but still hitting frequent false neutrals on track always when under high load high in the rev range. Doing my head in now as such a great bike otherwise.

Thanks a lot for this very helpful! I've ordered new clutch cover bolts as told they are stretch bolts so one time use. I've also heard the collar nut inside is also one time use so did you replace that too? BMW say it's 36 quid!! For a single nut!!

Thanks a lot for this very helpful! I've ordered new clutch cover bolts as told they are stretch bolts so one time use. I've also heard the collar nut inside is also one time use so did you replace that too? BMW say it's 36 quid!! For a single nut!!

Nope did not replace collar nut on mine

Just as an update for anyone who comes across this when searching.....the updated detent spring did nothing to help fix my issues unfortunately:(

Just as an update for anyone who comes across this when searching.....the updated detent spring did nothing to help fix my issues unfortunately:(

Is yours not a Gen3 with the stronger spring from the factory?

- Sent from Mobile

Back