2D Forks Sensor for 2015+

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the bike on side stand? You need to unload the suspension before calibrating.

Can be done on either the side stand or paddock stands, but suspension should not be fully unloaded(extended)

Yeah I did it on the side stand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can fail occasionally. Sometimes just need to be moved slightly, either by hand or after a short ride

+4/+5 on rebound is the indication that you need stiffer fork springs.
No not stiffer.

+5 means you are slowing the rebound because the spring force (expanding the fork) is already high. +5 is trying to hold the front end down a bit mid corner.

Adding more flow restriction is always slowing movement in a given direction.

More compression, slows movement down the fork, helping the spring act against the weight transfer.

More rebound, slows the expansion of the fork leg against the will of the spring. Stiffer the spring the more rebound is needed to slow its expansion.

Its a tap in reverse in both directions. Full open to closed.

- Alex

No not stiffer.

+5 means you are slowing the rebound because the spring force (expanding the fork) is already high. +5 is trying to hold the front end down a bit mid corner.

Adding more flow restriction is always slowing movement in a given direction.

More compression, slows movement down the fork, helping the spring act against the weight transfer.

More rebound, slows the expansion of the fork leg against the will of the spring. Stiffer the spring the more rebound is needed to slow its expansion.

Its a tap in reverse in both directions. Full open to closed.

- Alex

Yes you'right I mixed it up. Softer springs.

Calibration all done. Cheers for all the help guys

Not sure if your 2D Sensor issue is sorted but DrI off here posted on another site recently that he's serviced his pot to get it working again - might be worth a pm?

I bounced the suspension about and disconnected the rear sensor and then pushed it in and out the garage and that seemed to work. Strange.

What was the issue with the sensor?...........might help others out?

I just left it connected over night but I think the real reason was I didn’t have it mounted and the rod was fully closed and not extended so don’t know if it wasn’t sending the correct signal in that position.
I extended it and switched the ignition on and it seemed to be fine.

I just left it connected over night but I think the real reason was I didn’t have it mounted and the rod was fully closed and not extended so don’t know if it wasn’t sending the correct signal in that position.
I extended it and switched the ignition on and it seemed to be fine.

Glad you got sorted............not cheap things.

Back