2D Forks Sensor for 2015+

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
might be able to do a resistance test on the sensor with a multi meter,just not sure if it needs a current going through it or not,i'll have a play with mine and see (it's apart at the moment so easy to test for me).

i'll also check the plug,from memory (vague..)theres 2 plugs that are similar,1 has a blank on it but is red wires (?) not blue anyway,sounds like your in the correct plug socket though.should come up automatically,no need to reset or calibrate to get it to work

might be able to do a resistance test on the sensor with a multi meter,just not sure if it needs a current going through it or not,i'll have a play with mine and see (it's apart at the moment so easy to test for me).

i'll also check the plug,from memory (vague..)theres 2 plugs that are similar,1 has a blank on it but is red wires (?) not blue anyway,sounds like your in the correct plug socket though.should come up automatically,no need to reset or calibrate to get it to work

There’s another plug next to it, think it’s got purple wires, but the plug on the sensor doesn’t plug into it and from memory it’s only got 2 pins as opposed to the 3 on the sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it connected here

4222820d09ab96eccd054b6b4764cef8.jpg

The other plug that’s there with a blank doesn’t fit the plug on the sensor

16fc5394dff8eb60d1b6778c9ddbc817.jpg

try doing a calibration, i know i never needed to but you never know.

and tbh,it's unlikley the unit has failed,they are a very simple peice of kit,just 2 contacts sliding against each other,work just like a variable resistor.

matbe theres a fuse in the box somethwhere thats gone?

2D Potentiometer

When I first fitted a 2D potentiometer to my Gen 3 the bike did not recognise it and still displayed ‘Damping’. I just turned the bike off and disconnected the battery. Once reconnected, and with the ignition back on, it then recognised the sensor. The display then automatically changed to show Front Rebound and Front Compression. After that I just recalibrated the DDC system and it worked fine.

Left it all connected up last night and went in this morning, switched the ignition on before disconnecting the battery and it’s all working fine

DDC Calibration

If the DDC calibration issue persists it may just need a software update from BMW.

Sorry if this is really basic, but try the bike calibration again, do it first without the 2D sensor connected, make sure the bike is on a level surface and on the side stand, don’t put any weight on it at all. If it passes, exit the system and turn the bike off for 30 seconds and then repeat the process with the 2D sensor connected.

Did you spray the connectors with some electrical contact cleaner too, just in case you have some corrosion.

If you still can’t get the sensor reading to the bike, get a multi-meter out and check the 2D device as best you can. I’m not an electric expert at all but here is the data sheet with the readings that you should be able to test, some without power.

http://2d-datarecording.com/Downloads/Datasheets/Sensors-length/Pdf/SA-LPxxxD-000-DINA4.pdf

And the earlier contributors saying that it doesn’t improve feel on the road are wrong imo. I set the front compression at 0 and the front rebound +4 or +5 and I have much more front end feel than ever before. I love how it has transformed my bike feel for me.

Last edited:
And the earlier contributors saying that it doesn’t improve feel on the road are wrong imo. I set the front compression at 0 and the front rebound +4 or +5 and I have much more front end feel than ever before. I love how it has transformed my bike feel for me.

+4/+5 on rebound is the indication that you need stiffer fork springs.

Back