2D Forks Sensor for 2015+

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikePotteRR

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm very tempted to get the front sensor to allow for the separate compression and rebound adjustments on the forks.

Best price so far is from Prime Factors @ ?399 inc Vat with a 5-7 working day lead time.

First track day this year (and on the 2015) will be at Donington on March 28th. Maybe 3/4 more for the year, the rest of my riding will be done on the road.

I'm wondering whether to hold on to the cash and experience the bike on track to see if I feel the upgrade is required before making the plunge or...

Do people who have one fitted found it hugely beneficial e.g get in now as I will need it?

Cheers all.

2D Potentiometer

If you haven't ridden the 2015+ S1000RR on track yet you may wish to do so first. The standard DDC is very good until you really start pushing the bike and require greater fidelity with regards to front end suspension setup. I would personally try the bike with the standard DDC settings first and then make an informed decision afterwards based on your own experience. Depending on your pace on track you will soon know whether or not you will benefit from fitting one.

Thanks RyS1000RR. Just to clarify, you say that I will know quickly if I would need one. What would the front end be doing/not doing, that I should look for?

2D Potentiometer

'Feel' on a bike is hugely subjective. Ultimately, if you feel comfortable and are able to lap consistently at your own pace using the standard DDC settings then you may not need one. The best advice is to get out on track and experiment with the DDC settings incrementally to find out what works for you and what doesn't. The beauty of the DDC system is that it is so quick and easy to make adjustments. If you find a setting doesn't work you can simply reset it to '0' and start again. There is little point in purchasing one if the OEM DDC damping settings work perfectly well for you.

I just spent 3 days back to back on track, most amount of time spent on the bike in that environment and by end of day 2 reached the conclusion that (easy) access to further adjustment would be useful. While the act of making changes manually isn't exactly testing, the absolute ease in which it can be done with DDC means you can do a couple of flyers, come into pit late, adjust without getting off the bike, and go again. 2D sensor will be my next purchase. Also seriously thinking about keeping it in track trim and not putting it back on road :)

2D Potentiometer

If you do purchase a 2D potentiometer the DDC menu changes to the display pictured below.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Does the sensor alter the algorithms at all? My assumption is that if it lets you adjust both settings independently then it is also doing this on the fly with much better fidelity thanks to the information from the sensor?.

2D Potentiometer

The DDC algorithms remain unchanged but the 2D sensor opens an additional channel of data as front fork travel information can now be measured. The actual DDC algorithms only change when you have a Race Enabled ECU, with HP Racing Data Release loaded, or are altering the settings manually via an RCK3.

have to say,from a track only rider (bm at leas) the front pot has made a big differnce for me.for the road i wouldn't be that fussed as your not riding anywhere near the same limits

2D Potentiometer

I agree. I have a 2D potentiometer fitted to my track only S1000RR and its superb and hugely beneficial. In my opinion, for road use, it is not required as the standard DDC damping settings on the 2015+ model are more than sufficient.

Fitted my 2D sensor today but after plugging the sensor in I’m still seeing front dmp instead of from comp and rebound. Any ideas? Is it a case of just plugging the sensor in and it changes automatically or do you need to calibrate the ddc before it’ll see the front sensor?

Fitted my 2D sensor today but after plugging the sensor in I’m still seeing front dmp instead of from comp and rebound. Any ideas? Is it a case of just plugging the sensor in and it changes automatically or do you need to calibrate the ddc before it’ll see the front sensor?
Was plug and play for me, immediately saw comp/rebound settings. Try DDC calibration for a change?

Check the connection to the bikes loom - it's just a plug and play item.

many idea where the opposite end plugs into. The connection between the sensor and harness is solid

No idea sorry - l........there was someone on here that cleaned their's up when they stopped working...DrIoannis possibly?

Back