Knockhill crash

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ouch! Im surprised the catapulted guy walked away, shows how easy things can happen.

That's really bad , glad they all walked away . Just shows how it can all go pear shaped very quickly. I've ridden Knockhill twice , once on my S1000 and once on my ER6F. Ducati night on my S and beginners on ER. Ducati nights are well organised and open to all. Night I was there they had Dennis Hobbs ( ex Ducati champion of some sort ) and the owner of Ducati Glasgow as guides of sorts. Both of them passed me on the back wheel as I was braking for the corner at the shed at the back of the circuit! I had a brilliant night and always fancied doing another but it's stuff like that that puts me off.

I would absolutely recommended the ducati nights, never seems to be to many idiots at them , well apart from me lol , seriously though see a few crashes at the Duke nights (had one myself) never seen anyone take another rider out.

Damn that was lucky no serious injuries.
I had the bearing on my sprocket carrier collapse just after 160mph on the Snetterton straight last October, luckily it didn't lock up.20161014_155445.jpg

jesus, f@#k that! you must have shit it mate
Naw, it wasn't too bad when it happened, shit it thinking the engine had went lol
Afterwards though I thought about how lucky I was it didn't lock up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Mechanical failure worries me a bit at times

Sent from Galaxy S7
It was a bearing on aftermarket wheels so they could've been old.
I had my fair share of bad luck last year, brakes failed at Snett at the worst corner and I went down fracturing my pelvis. Mainly my fault for not checking fluid level and pads as bike stayed in van following Donnington a few days before (flung that stupid sock cover for the brake reservoir)
Then dropped the bike in the garage on the first day in Spain and split the engine casing, felt like crying lol
Did manage to get some track time at Almeria though.
Hope I have better luck with this BMW lol

Sent from ma phone Galaxy S7

Not so good.. almost as bad as poor Alex last week.. couldnt think of anything worse than spending that money and all the planning that goes with it.

Sent from Galaxy S7

Not so good.. almost as bad as poor Alex last week.. couldnt think of anything worse than spending that money and all the planning that goes with it.

Sent from Galaxy S7
Yeah seen he's been having a nightmare.
Nothing worse than watching all your mates buzz round and your stuck trying to get the bike sorted.
At least I did get out on track but then everybody knows the circuit and I'm just blagging it lol

Sent from ma phone Galaxy S7

Back