frame bolts

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neeler400

Reaction score
hi guys, could any one tell me what frame bolts you have on your bikes?
the reason I am asking is for this Constands bike lift that I have just bought. the instructions say that there should be a nut on the LHS and a long bolt on the RHS, so to fit the stand you need to remove the nut, screw a bush in on the LHS and then tighten the long bolt on the RHS.
the problem I have is that I have 2 of the same bolts either side, both around 2" long partly threaded so are unable to fit this bush.
my question is this normal for a 2012 bike? have they changed something? and what have you got on yours?
Thanks for your help.

All I can say is when you look at the service guide it list a few different types, my bike has a long bolt from one side of the frame to the other, but looking at the 2011 service guide it shows it could be two or one bolt.

If I was you I would go back to the stand manufacturer and ask them for there advice, I'm pretty sure they would of delt with someone in your position if they have sold a few s1000xx stands.

All I can say is when you look at the service guide it list a few different types, my bike has a long bolt from one side of the frame to the other, but looking at the 2011 service guide it shows it could be two or one bolt.

If I was you I would go back to the stand manufacturer and ask them for there advice, I'm pretty sure they would of delt with someone in your position if they have sold a few s1000xx stands.
I have contacted motea the company I purchased the stand from and they have inturn contacted the manufacturer of this issue. The stand will only work with the long bolt set up and not the two small bolts that I have. Motea said return the stand for a refund. So I have got around this buy purchasing another small bolt and changed the adapter plate to fit. It works now as it should do. Hopefully this information will be of some use to the forum members if they are thinking of getting this stand.

Back