Brake pads - OEM EBC Double H PA604/4HH - Sportsbikeshop

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I've always used EBC double H pads on all my previous bikes and have always found them excellent
however I fitted then to my bike a few months ago and there great in the dry but very on / off in the wet ( not progressive )
Not sure why but never had a problem like that before

www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk

I've used this company a few times and would certainly recommend them.

I've always used EBC double H pads on all my previous bikes and have always found them excellent
however I fitted then to my bike a few months ago and there great in the dry but very on / off in the wet ( not progressive )
Not sure why but never had a problem like that before

Was caught in the pouring rain last night..... VERY spongey and very scary.... luckily manged to make it home, have a shower and change undies !!

Hence needing something more reliable in the rain !!

Do you recommend the SBS Road Sintered in the wet?

Last edited:
Amit, as per FB.
Riding in the wet you need to keep the brake system primed. You are told when learning to drive / ride that you should test your brakes if you go through a flood, heavy rain is the same just more consistent. If everything is cold and soaked the water acts as a lubricant and make stopping far more difficult.

To alleviate the issues you need to give yourself much bigger braking zones. Occasionally prime the system by very lightly braking when travelling in a straight line, maintaining speed...then apply the brakes properly when you actually need to stop.

The OEM pads are fine in the rain.
http://www.carpimoto.it/en-GB/38743...BB3396-Genuine-Parts-2-couple-for-1-disk-.htm
These are the level up from Brembo
http://www.carpimoto.it/en-GB/38741...33SC-Sintered-Racing-2-couple-for-1-disk-.htm

HS870's from SBS are very good - great initial bite.

Just replaced front pads (brembo pads) bought from sportsbikeshop no problem's seem good to deal with.

I've used Sportsbikeshop quite a lot & had really good service over the years.
Not bought pads from them, but had EBC HH pads (from Busters/M&P on Ebay) on my GSXR & were better than the OEM ones.

Last edited:
Back