akropovic ti carbon full exhaust system

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your kids or grand kids are born with 3 heads tell them that :smile-new:.

Errr ok we're talking legality not ethics

- Sent from Mobile
so if I tell my insurer the add on full exhaust will produce more power probably a hike in premium hmm something to think about.

They usually don't care below 5%.
BeMoto and Bennetts seem to do a good job with mods.

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
+1 on Alex's comment. BeMoto have just sorted me out. Like for like no other insurer was close with all mods declared. One being the end can. A lot less excess and all the benefits other insurers want extra for

right phoned bike insurance company,and they didn't have a problem with me putting a full akro system on even better no added extra premium.only if I had a turbo,supercharged or nitrous oxide on the bike then they wouldn't insure me happy days.

Re: Akrapovič

The cheapest place to buy an Akrapovič full race system in the UK is Calsport as they will normally be able to offer some form of discount if called directly. With regards to fuel management you are best advised to put the bike on a Dyno after installation to check the A-F Ratio. Only then will you know whether or not the bike will need to be mapped accordingly. This is especially so if you are removing the Lambda sensors. From experience every time I've fitted a full system to any of my race or track bikes the fuelling has had to be adjusted.

Sorry to dig out an old thread, but this came up using the search function.

Im looking to purchase a full Akra racing Line system, and you say that Calsport are the cheapest. Am i being tricked, or can you buy it from BMW direct for ?160 cheaper?

https://www.bmw-motorrad-bohling.com/uk/akrapovic-racing-line-exhaust-bmw-s-1000-rr-titanium.html - ?1219

https://calsport.co.uk/all-parts/s-b10r3-czt - ?1379

Calsport are UK - they are actually supplied by Performance Parts Ltd
Bohling are in Germany so yes they may have different prices including shipping.

right I am thinking of selling my akropovic stubby end can and replacing it with a full akro system.Is it worth the extra cost,i was worried about will I be covered by my insurance company as all full systems say not road legal.I like the hexagonal carbon end can the best with the full system and will I need a remap as well as air filter?and will all the exhaust sensors fit onto the akro exhaust system without any mods.

Hi, depending on how long you're going to keep your bike, the thing to remember with Titanium headers that they are considered as a consumable as they have a tendency to crack. I tend to keep my bikes for years and would go with the Stainless Headers. The Silencer can still be Titanium / Carbon. J

Back