Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: akropovic ti carbon full exhaust system

akropovic ti carbon full exhaust system

right I am thinking of selling my akropovic stubby end can and replacing it with a full akro system.Is it worth the extra cost,i was worried about will I be covered by my insurance company as all full systems say not road legal.I like the hexagonal carbon end can the best with the full system and will I need a remap as well as air filter?and will all the exhaust sensors fit onto the akro exhaust system without any mods.

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Re: akropovic ti carbon full exhaust system

I've not had an insurance issue.
    Airfilter and remap are not required.
    No idea on the sensors - someone else fitted it.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I've not had an insurance issue.
    Airfilter and remap are not required.
    No idea on the sensors - someone else fitted it.
    whats the best place to buy alex I didn't know I could put full exhaust on without fuel air issues.What is the difference between all the akro exhausts then I just want a stainless steel header system but theirs loads of models confusing.I will get someone to fit it though.Any recommended sites to buy from?my akro stubby is in mint condition with original bmw box and instruction manual so I guess I will advertise on here tomorrow.

Riding
    2015 HP4 Carbon

Calsport are one of the cheapest uk places to get Akro exhausts, most other than the full race systems will still use the lambda sensors to adjust feeling.

Performance parts are the uk importer but will not offer any discount as they let cal sport discount, its a very strange set up but speaking to performance parts, aero will not let them discount as they are the importer ?
    Last edited by ekdg; 17th December 2016 at 11:40 AM.

Akrapovič

The cheapest place to buy an Akrapovič full race system in the UK is Calsport as they will normally be able to offer some form of discount if called directly. With regards to fuel management you are best advised to put the bike on a Dyno after installation to check the A-F Ratio. Only then will you know whether or not the bike will need to be mapped accordingly. This is especially so if you are removing the Lambda sensors. From experience every time I've fitted a full system to any of my race or track bikes the fuelling has had to be adjusted.

Akrapovič

Akrapovič Evolution Line = Titanium
    Akrapovič Racing Line = Stainless Steel

www.akrapovic.com

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

I got mine from Performance Parts - I spotted it on eBay - think I got lucky with a stock clearance.
    I have a Z-fi from Bazzaz fitted - and it makes everything better...but it will 'work' without it.
    HM racing recommend I didn't change the filter on a road bike. This is because breathing gains are minimal and filtration is generally poorer than an OEM filter. For racing you'd probably want a Sprint P8 or 16 filter...or some chicken wire

Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    right I am thinking of selling my akropovic stubby end can and replacing it with a full akro system.Is it worth the extra cost,i was worried about will I be covered by my insurance company as all full systems say not road legal.
    I asked 2 or 3 insurers and they all said it was a no no if the system wasn't road legal. What the situation would be if you just fitted the akra headers with the road legal can I don't know.

Re: Akrapovič

Quote Originally Posted by RyS1000RR View Post
    The cheapest place to buy an Akrapovič full race system in the UK is Calsport as they will normally be able to offer some form of discount if called directly. With regards to fuel management you are best advised to put the bike on a Dyno after installation to check the A-F Ratio. Only then will you know whether or not the bike will need to be mapped accordingly. This is especially so if you are removing the Lambda sensors. From experience every time I've fitted a full system to any of my race or track bikes the fuelling has had to be adjusted.
    okay thanks for info.

Quote Originally Posted by pauly View Post
    I asked 2 or 3 insurers and they all said it was a no no if the system wasn't road legal. What the situation would be if you just fitted the akra headers with the road legal can I don't know.
    that is an interesting point,but I would assume the can stamped for road would be okay.Well them American cruisers Harley Davidson can pass anything can.I did have a duke panigale full race system and that passed mot so I cant see a problem with the bmw.