What did you get in the post today?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a thing i know for sure with yamaha. A few people who had the gear box recall have been told that any other issues regarding parts that were replaced arnt covered

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I guess Cush rubbers could be considered consumable, but BMW have always told me that anything new / replaced (not consumable) is under 2 year warranty.

Slight hi-jack.... cushty rubbers on my lightweight wheels have held up great, 4500mls and mainly track....Looking for spare sprocket carrier if anyone see one

On the lightweight wheels are they the round cushdrive rubbers ie direct feed like the dymags and bsts?

'Can't warranty an item that has been fixed under warranty' is a new one to me.

This is quite normal soof. For as long as I have been in the motor trade, some 50 odd years, it's been like this. Replacement parts fitted to a vehicle during it's warranty period don't carry a warranty after the vehicle's warranty has expired. For instance, if a new battery is fitted to a vehicle that has one day left on it's warranty, it's assumed that the battery has 2 years warranty. Not so..... If that battery fails after 6 months then the dealer isn't compelled to replace the failed part under warranty, as the warranty is only on the vehicle and not the part. The only time warranty can be enjoyed in such circumstances, is if any payment, or part payment has been made by the owner of the vehicle, for that part.

Does that make any sense??:stupid:

This is quite normal soof. For as long as I have been in the motor trade, some 50 odd years, it's been like this. Replacement parts fitted to a vehicle during it's warranty period don't carry a warranty after the vehicle's warranty has expired. For instance, if a new battery is fitted to a vehicle that has one day left on it's warranty, it's assumed that the battery has 2 years warranty. Not so..... If that battery fails after 6 months then the dealer isn't compelled to replace the failed part under warranty, as the warranty is only on the vehicle and not the part. The only time warranty can be enjoyed in such circumstances, is if any payment, or part payment has been made by the owner of the vehicle, for that part.

Makes sense but doesn't make it right lol

I understand what you are saying rr.

From my own experience I had a battery fail on a BMW bike a couple of years back. It was replaced under warranty and the service department made a point of telling me that the new battery was covered for 2 years as are all BMW parts supplied from new (unless they are consumables). So....?

I understand what you are saying rr.

From my own experience I had a battery fail on a BMW bike a couple of years back. It was replaced under warranty and the service department made a point of telling me that the new battery was covered for 2 years as are all BMW parts supplied from new (unless they are consumables). So....?

That's very interesting soof. I shall have to ask my BMW dealer that question and see what they say. I can understand some of the better dealers replacing a battery for a customer under warranty, as it's no real problem for them to claim their costs back from their supplier, because they could make up a story that would satisfy the battery supplier/manufacturer. But it would be very difficult for them to claim back all their costs incurred on say, a gearbox repair, where there's lots of labour costs together with expensive component costs. I think the whole issue rests on whether the parts in question have been paid for or not. If a part has been fitted under warranty, then it hasn't cost the owner anything, and he/she has still got a vehicle with all or some of the remaining warranty left on that vehicle. That's all the manufacturer has to provide. The manufacturer hasn't any obligation to provide more warranty than they signed up for. That's how I see it anyway:concern:

I'd like to tell you of an instance that happened to me when I ran my garage busyness a few years ago. A customer brought his car to my workshop with a faulty starter motor. I fitted a new starter motor to his car and off he went, happy as hell. I made out the invoice and sent it off to his firm. 3 or 4 months later he came back to my workshop complaining that the new starter motor I had fitted was playing up and that he wanted me to replace the starter under warranty. He was a little upset when I told him that I was unable to change it under warranty. He was puzzled and asked me why not? I told him that the starter repair had not been paid for, and because he wasn't out of pocket and the vehicle was in the same state as it was all those months ago, how could there be a warranty claim? needless to say, he got on the 'phone to his accounts dept and got the bill paid. Then he had a warranty claim, which I successfully carried out for him......

alpha Racing

These arrived in the post from alpha Racing this week...

IMG_2491_zpsfwewsf2y.jpg

IMG_2489_zpsocv4nded.jpg

IMG_2488_zpse5ld90ko.jpg

IMG_2397_zpsigphmozr.jpg

Just bought some yoshimura engine protection (just in case)
b2ae59ab9042d8f531c49d4c2504353f.jpg

yep mate engine protection the 1st thing that was on my list.

Thanks to RyS1000RR for this:

(and is it wrong to want him to crash on the other side so I can buy the brake lever? .. :) )

attachment.php

Last edited:

Unfortunatly the visor has bubbles in the middle. Anyone had experience with these lcd types before?

21bd512d19265f8d2c7cf4506e4853aa.jpg

Shoei JO Helmet
Forma short boots
Bobster sunglasses

Just need to practice my YMCA moves and bring on the summer!

Back