What did you get in the post today?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not quite in the post but in my van. :)

v2LLk2D.jpg

That PhD thesis is gonna be an interesting read after that page...

"etc etc, blah blah, you get the idea, just give me my Doctorate already."

That PhD thesis is gonna be an interesting read after that page...

"etc etc, blah blah, you get the idea, just give me my Doctorate already."

Hahaha, I?ve been saying that to myself for years now [emoji23]

Is that a spectroscopic analysis of the whisky in the background?

Haha good idea, but not quite [emoji6]
There was actually a good paper published recently about adding water to Whisky and why it can improve the taste.

That figure in the background is composed of a series of 1H NMR spectra acquired over a range of temperatures.
Instead of Whisky, it is of a protein called cytochrome c, which is a crucial enzyme involved in energy production in mammalian cells [emoji846]

Think I?d have struggled studying Whisky on my PhD as the samples would likely go missing far too frequently lol ... though there would be no such thing as a bad result [emoji23]

These got delivered today... these European sizes do my tits in. I thought 44 was a 10 but it's somewhere around the 9.5 mark. I tried them on.. comfy or what ! but a tiny wee bit small on my left foot, I could feel my toe touching the inside of the boot. So Ill swap them for a 45. They are exceptionally well made...mind you they should be for the price...nice looking boot I thought.

S
c71c548e743d34046054ce05da2bf12b.jpg
e55fe76f6a8cb141ca0c5869de91deb4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Evo Voltex boots look great Stuart.
Am glad you?re finding them comfortable already despite being one size too small!

I?d recommend getting a pair of full length orthotic inner soles (just the production ones) as that?ll not only help absorb peg vibrations, but I find the extra arch support is fantastic when in the boots all day.
Not a criticism of the boots at all, as I do that will all shoes/boots now [emoji846]

I live 4 miles from Glenrothes Oli, but the whisky is not made there.
Try Auld Cameron if you like a dram, it's made at the end of the road in my town and is very, very good.

JimmyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live 4 miles from Glenrothes Oli, but the whisky is not made there.
Try Auld Cameron if you like a dram, it's made at the end of the road in my town and is very, very good.

JimmyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the suggestion Jimmy, Auld Cameron will be next on my list [emoji6]

My top trio distilleries on my Whisky journey so far are Glendronach, Glenfarclas and Old Pultney.
What are your favourite distilleries?

Fed up not using my machine thru the winter so decided to buy some thermal layers to encourage cold day rides.

I walked into Decathlon today looking to buy a warm jacket for after my gym sessions and had a look around, I picked up a pair of Merino Wool leggings ?20.00.. A (Jimmy Mac esque) Balaclava for ?5.99.. A cracking PAIR of Full length thick hunting socks ?6.99.. which btw feel as good quality as my ?20 ea plus BMW ones and a neck buff for the bargain price 0.99p.. Decathlon stuff is actually great VFM and the quality is perfectly fine for a fraction of "proper bike gear" prices.

If anyones looking to refresh their cold gear I'd give the Frenchies some of your money.. happy boy!.
0a4a3bb8d2233e159fc7616cd9eab023.jpg
0d8fb0973399ff89c17ababce076c3d2.jpg
54fdd21e837f3fa441aa1a7aff716a0d.jpg
95fd083b50f431e9c9994427647b85b3.jpg
05e23341ba32c58f7998174ccb372eee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Winter can f**k right off...
I've been promising myself one of these for years. Rukka Flexius Jacket - Black - 2XL, currently 25% off at Sportsbikeshop. Not the top spec. Rukka, but still a kick-ass jacket and a good cut for a sports bike.
My 3 year old ?100 ARMR textile jacket was doing OK until I got the S1KRR. Spirited riding basically shagged the poor jacket to death, including the jacket weave unravelling at the seams and the pockets opening up by themselves and chucking the contents onto the road, far far behind me probably, FFS.

Photo 15-11-2017, 16 08 00.jpg

Finally got round to buying frame protection, quality looks great, now need to get all that faring off again, should have timed this a bit better, I've only recently done the rad guards.. So for people who already have done this, standard bathroom silicon, or temperature stuff?
e4890655bdd5bf765257bfdc813da41a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Back