What did you get in the post today?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You been talking to my other half?!

It's got an on/off and a spare battery so would you still take it out?
Yes, mine also came with a spare... those little "watch" batteries are less of a problem tho than say a PP3 which I have in my multimeter... It's habit more than anything.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Got my device charger from Stephen today... fitted perfectly....superb bit of kit for my trip
c8edefa8d6564015692dd2d63ce31515.jpg

Stuart,
How did installation go? Where did you route the leads? I'm looking to get a lead from my battery to my tankbag for mobile charging.
Cheers, H

Stuart,
How did installation go? Where did you route the leads? I'm looking to get a lead from my battery to my tankbag for mobile charging.
Cheers, H
Hi mate... pretty simple really.. seat off.. hook on to positive battery terminal and fed cable up the inside of the frame/fairing (keep away from engine obviously).. then tucked everything in around the horn. So the lead which actually connect to your lead/phone is the only thing you can see really. Buy one from Stephen he sends you instructions..

ad44b82c0c42c4737f42acd75f826d75.jpg

New set of Daytona Evo Voltex outer boots.

If you got the Daytona leather cream with them Oli do yourself a big favour and treat them before you ride in them, it will keep all salts out of the stitching and prevents the stitching turning white, you will definitely be glad you did it in years to come, its quite expensive stuff but the boots are worth feeding from day one. I have a couple of pairs of Daytonas and they are top quality, I love cleaning them and making them look good, must be an ex-Forces thing.

Those Evo Voltex look the biz.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Totally agree JimmyMac. Leather needs to be looked after and the best way is to protect and nourish it before any road products get into it. Like you I regularly clean and protect my Daytona boots. I have still have a pair of winter boots issued to me by the police from 1992, they have been resoled twice but the leather upper, Goretex liner and zips are still immaculate despite being constantly attacked by road salt.

Hi mate... pretty simple really.. seat off.. hook on to positive battery terminal and fed cable up the inside of the frame/fairing (keep away from engine obviously).. then tucked everything in around the horn. So the lead which actually connect to your lead/phone is the only thing you can see really. Buy one from Stephen he sends you instructions..

Thanks Stuart. Can't find Stephen on the forum vendor section. How do I contact him? Cheers, H

If you got the Daytona leather cream with them Oli do yourself a big favour and treat them before you ride in them, it will keep all salts out of the stitching and prevents the stitching turning white, you will definitely be glad you did it in years to come, its quite expensive stuff but the boots are worth feeding from day one. I have a couple of pairs of Daytonas and they are top quality, I love cleaning them and making them look good, must be an ex-Forces thing.

Those Evo Voltex look the biz.

JimmyMac

Thanks Jimmy, yea I have the Daytona leather cream, was using it on my previous set, albeit a couple years down the line.

Will treat the boots before the first ride and hopefully they'll last longer/look better.

There's one difference between these new outers and the original Evo Voltex boots, and that is the Carbon Fibre heal guard has been replaced by a rubber material (apparently the CF was scuffing up and wearing badly).

I definitely share your appreciation for maintenance!

Thanks again,

Oli

Totally agree JimmyMac. Leather needs to be looked after and the best way is to protect and nourish it before any road products get into it. Like you I regularly clean and protect my Daytona boots. I have still have a pair of winter boots issued to me by the police from 1992, they have been resoled twice but the leather upper, Goretex liner and zips are still immaculate despite being constantly attacked by road salt.

Thanks richy170!

Sounds like treating before the first ride is the way to go with boots, and all leather products for that matter.

Cheers!

Oli

Thanks Stuart. Can't find Stephen on the forum vendor section. How do I contact him? Cheers, H
Plenty on eBay, got mine for about a tenner, only had to remove fuel tank trim and seat to install, cable tied it to harness on l/h side -10 minute job.

lock barrel...
- Sent from Mobile

I got one ages ago for the rear cowl.... could not get the thing to work..... :-( Watched a youtube video.... that seemed simple enough..

There were so many bits, i put them in a bag and in tucked them in a safe place... 8 months on, given up looking for the thing !

I got one ages ago for the rear cowl.... could not get the thing to work..... :-( Watched a youtube video.... that seemed simple enough..

There were so many bits, i put them in a bag and in tucked them in a safe place... 8 months on, given up looking for the thing !

Ahhhhhhh Amit, so its your fault that they all come with the warning sticker now, lol.

JimmyMac

Yay! :)

IMG_1605.jpgIMG_1604.jpg

Weekend tickets for MotoGP & camping at Woodlands, plus my touring screen (a-la BvG) for Brno next week :)

Quick thanks to those friendly nothings-too-much-trouble people at Conquest Carbon - ta guys :)

Last edited:
Back