What did you get in the post today?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He said it had to go back to Italy for a reset... I doubt a 2 week turnaround is feasable either..unless it's couriered there and back and they have a rapid turnaround at the factory.. who knows..worth asking someone that's done it...

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Good thing she mentioned is that they will be doing the re-gassing in-store (London) in the future and mentioned Hill4Leather for repairs.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Held system is owner recharged, just swap the canister and you're good to go. This maybe the same as Techair (not looked).

- Alex

Held system is owner recharged, just swap the canister and you're good to go. This maybe the same as Techair (not looked).

- Alex
Yeah someone mentioned the Held system but not looked into them yet.
I believe the TechAir has 2 charges and then it has to be sent away to be re-gassed.

it used to be a long turn around,and had to go back to italy (it still does atm) but if it's just a regas,then the are saying now 1 week-10 days.for repairs depends to how extensive.

tbh,i wasn't going to buy them,they are ?3500 rrp FFS!! but i paid half that,plus you can get a service/insurance deal for ?250 (?) which gives 2 recharges and covers return postage,plus discount on repairs.theres nothing wrong with my Held race evo leathers,which i love (bought 2 sets 3 yrs ago as it was a good deal,and they are prob the best non bag leathers you can get),but as you get older,you look for ways to minimise the damage "if" something does happen.very nicely made leathers,some nice touches in the design,but general armour isn't as good as my held stuff.hopefully i wont find out how good the D air system is...

That's exactly why I'm looking into the air suits. Getting older now and breaking bones is getting longer to recover from. Had a few minors on my old Dianese no probs then broke my pelvis at Snett and the leathers held up great, don't think any leathers or airbag suit would've helped there as I hit the raised kerb at Murreys after brake failure.
Got a top Spidi suit and tbh it felt very lightweight and I broke a rib after a front slide at Hamilton.
I still question the amount of damage and broken bones I got when I went down at craners while racing last year. Keep thinking if I had an air suit I wouldn't have broke as many bones (smashed my shoulder blade to smithereens was the consultants words) plus snapped 5 ribs and damaged both lungs.
Straight away the Dainese suit felt so much better and protected if you get me.
I've heard good things about the Held suits so think I'll defo look into their air suits.
One things for sure with my luck I ain't goina race until I've got an air suit [emoji23]

it's hard to say aint it as every crash is different,but when you look at the R+D thars gone into them,plus all the sensor/gyro/gps data they get from the pro's,and every suit the service/repair/regas they must have a better idea than most about whats actually needed (protection wise,and more importantly where.

1 thing that is shit,for ?3500 you's expect a better back protector,at least 1 with shoulder straps not just a waist band.will be sacking that off and going back to a force field pro sub4

Dainese D-Air Suit

a new set of D-air mugello leathers,hopefully i'll not find out if the air bag actually works....

From bitter experience... the D-Air system works really well!

I was in the Dainese shop last week and the woman was great, tried on a suit and she had me sold at first But she couldn't guarantee a turn around time just to re-gas, simply mentioned 2 weeks which I highly doubt.
The worrying thing she couldn't answer is say you damaged the leather, would they re-gas it and then you get it repaired yourself. Read stories of them wanting stupid money to repair slight damage and refusing to re-gas it if you don't pay their ridiculous prices to repair it.

Turnaround time is typically under two weeks to replace the gas cylinder. They also completely replace the air bag in the suit as well. I?ve never heard of Dainese refusing to recharge a suit if you choose not to have them repair it. To be honest I would want them to repair it, especially if the damage was anywhere around the airbag itself in order to ensure that the suit still functioned correctly.

1 thing that is shit,for ?3500 you's expect a better back protector,at least 1 with shoulder straps not just a waist band.will be sacking that off...

To be honest you may struggle to fit anything other than the supplied back protector under the suit. This is especially so when the airbag deploys. The back protector is designed as part of the system and you don?t really need much else. I always wear the supplied back protector, and a Dainese chest protector, and everything performed extremely well together the last time I crashed in the suit.

tried my other and fits nicley.it's more the fact the dianese protector isn't held in place which is annoying,all it needs is a decent waist strap or shoulder straps

That's exactly why I'm looking into the air suits. Getting older now and breaking bones is getting longer to recover from. Had a few minors on my old Dianese no probs then broke my pelvis at Snett and the leathers held up great, don't think any leathers or airbag suit would've helped there as I hit the raised kerb at Murreys after brake failure.
Got a top Spidi suit and tbh it felt very lightweight and I broke a rib after a front slide at Hamilton.
I still question the amount of damage and broken bones I got when I went down at craners while racing last year. Keep thinking if I had an air suit I wouldn't have broke as many bones (smashed my shoulder blade to smithereens was the consultants words) plus snapped 5 ribs and damaged both lungs.
Straight away the Dainese suit felt so much better and protected if you get me.
I've heard good things about the Held suits so think I'll defo look into their air suits.
One things for sure with my luck I ain't goina race until I've got an air suit [emoji23]

Kinnel Brucie, does the 2nd "B" stand for bones?
Flipping raised kerbs. I broke 2 ribs this summer at Rockingham on the 'chicane' at the end of school straight. Andy pointed out that it's much quicker through turns 10-11 when you're not on your arse. Lol.
I tell everyone that track days are safer than skiing and horseriding, I presume these are mostly racing incidents?
Air suits: They need to improve to the point where after an inflation, you just bung another CO2 canister in, re-fold the airbag and you're good to go again. Dainese are way too expensive at the mo. H

yep they are expensive,but so are daytonas (for example) and i wouldn't wear anything else on my feet now.

Kinnel Brucie, does the 2nd "B" stand for bones?
Flipping raised kerbs. I broke 2 ribs this summer at Rockingham on the 'chicane' at the end of school straight. Andy pointed out that it's much quicker through turns 10-11 when you're not on your arse. Lol.
I tell everyone that track days are safer than skiing and horseriding, I presume these are mostly racing incidents?
Air suits: They need to improve to the point where after an inflation, you just bung another CO2 canister in, re-fold the airbag and you're good to go again. Dainese are way too expensive at the mo. H
Last crash at Donny was racing, costly rookie error being too keen. Apart from the brake failure the others was just running out of talent and bad luck. Tracks defo the safest place to crash lol

New book!
The Racing Motorcycle

I spotted this on @monners fb.
Instantly bought my own copy.

No more sleepless nights for me!
2eba81287ba0795434375660e8945f60.jpg

49b2f4f2504af3d56872e0e09bc93162.jpg

3f568973533bb27c1cbc2df659c6e5cc.jpg

- Alex

Last edited:
Good move Alex. Now that you are married you will need something new to do when you go to bed. [emoji23]

Good move Alex. Now that you are married you will need something new to do when you go to bed. [emoji23]

It's strange but without kids things continue as normal, once a month as per the diary schedule...who says romance is dead?!

Back