What did you get in the post today?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interested to hear your feedback Stu. The Bell's look the part for sure. LH44 was using one at Jerez on his Yamaha (as he's sponsored by them).
Hey Stu. Alex wants to hear about your shiny new Bell (don't forget to "pull" as per the instructions).
Hey Alex. Sack the new Missus and move down to Brighton!...H
ps. I'm gonna carry on with the Carry On jokes until someone F***KIN ackowledges, OK?

Interested to hear your feedback Stu. The Bell's look the part for sure. LH44 was using one at Jerez on his Yamaha (as he's sponsored by them).
Certainly looks and feels the part...be spring now before I'm out [emoji45] bikes just about to go up on the bench for it's winter overhaul..

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Last edited:
Hey Stu. Alex wants to hear about your shiny new Bell (don't forget to "pull" as per the instructions).
Hey Alex. Sack the new Missus and move down to Brighton!...H
ps. I'm gonna carry on with the Carry On jokes until someone F***KIN ackowledges, OK?
Lol.. your getting carried away with this Bell End bit big man ! Haha

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Last edited:
Looks like my bell full 9 carbon downhill helmet inside with the pull magnetic cheek pads. That bell helmet looks mint[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As per one of my previous posts, not exactly ?in the post today?.... but finally, after nearly SEVEN months warranty work, and nearly every part of the bike replaced including frame, loom, engine and swingarm.... I have it back!! (although the can is damaged). Excited doesn?t quite cover it, just as winter arrives. Lol. Shit picture cos garage doesn?t have mains lighting. One day I?ll find the stamina to write the full story. For now, so happy to have it back!

6fbab1dbfa86305616a415656095d729.jpg

Will try to document a write up when I get a moment but it?s war and peace. The chain snapped... I was lucky and the wheel wasn?t locked and we stayed on in very busy traffic... there is a post here somewhere I?ll find later and link, but the chain made a real mess on its way out. Dealer had fully serviced the bike three times in relatively short space of time and I had specifically queried the chain at a service just a few hundred miles before it let loose. I had it documented from them that it only needed adjustment. I understand that metal fatigue is hard to spot but my arguement was that as a customer what else could I have done to look after the bike. They accepted liability after 8 weeks of wrangling and sent me a loan RR, but then took nearly another 5 months to sort it. Engine isn?t actually brand new but rebuilt, limiter is back on and I have to run it in again. Almost everything else except front forks, front wheel and panels are reportedly new, although I?ve still to receive the full report. (Up until 5 weeks ago I wasn?t even aware they had found frame damage). On the one hand I?m very happy BMW have put me right, on the other it?s been an exceedingly poor experience that?s taken seven months. I was a nailed on customer for the 2019 model, but now....

Interestingly I said to the delivery guy ?a new bike would surely have been cheaper?, and he said ?they offered you one didn?t they??. The only offer I was ever made was for the dealer to go out and find a similar bike of equivalent age and mileage and that was what I rejected... I would have ripped their arm off at a new one. Nothing would surprise me if this was another communication fail given everything else that?s gone on.

When I?m able I shall try to document the experience fully.

Last edited:
Well not exactly in the post or today.....

but under the Xmas tree on Dec 25th. Nice little book with some interesting routes. Brought back memories of the NC500 forum trip.

attachment.php

Back