What did you get in the post today?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great skel.. you getting it mapped.. I never bothered with mine, it runs rough off the choke but sweet as when up to temp.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

The lens on my front indicator fell off when I brushed past it in the garage. Having discovered that the OEM replacements were ?50 each ( :hororr: ), I opted for some Ebay specials at ?15.67 per pair. Figured that they may not be as 'good' as the original but with a 6 to 1 price difference I wouldn't worry too much :friendly_wink:

View attachment 6235
You'll more than likely need to fit ballast for each one Katie.. I bought a pair of cheapies and they flash out of sync.

I might have some slimline ones I can send you, you'll need to splice them in on the indicator side mind..

Looks great skel.. you getting it mapped.. I never bothered with mine, it runs rough off the choke but sweet as when up to temp.

Thanks Stu, The end of the warranty is up in July so I?ll wait till then before I do anything. However if it?s as clever as people seem to think then maybe not. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Stu, The end of the warranty is up in July so I?ll wait till then before I do anything. However if it?s as clever as people seem to think then maybe not. [emoji23]

Quality mate..I stuck mine on just after the 1st service..different make but similar style. Great sound off it, I leave the baffle out, it has a deeper growl and just sounds right.

Did you have to fit reducers for the rear Lamda's or were they a straight bolt on ?

I might have some slimline ones I can send you, you'll need to splice them in on the indicator side mind..

Thanks for the offer Stu but I think they're spot on (going out to the garage in a minute to check though!).

I try and make sure that all the cheap import shite that I buy works perfectly because I know it annoys the hell out of my mechanic :biggrin-new:

Thanks for the offer Stu but I think they're spot on (going out to the garage in a minute to check though!).

I try and make sure that all the cheap import shite that I buy works perfectly because I know it annoys the hell out of my mechanic :biggrin-new:
No problem Katie.. let us know if they flash OK..

Does this Bad boy count.. its for shooting from track side..arrived from Japan yesterday when I was down South.
73ac0b9abadbfed912c35ec68077214a.jpg
810f0fea6aa2a4c05287e1486d165e3e.jpg
beca28c17349968c9585190f78de79bd.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one Stuart! I've got the old non-VR version, its good for track shots. Yours should be even better.
Cheers Rob.. yea it's a cracking lens, just need to use it to justify the money lol.. I bought it thinking.."Right when I'm on a track day I can nip off during my 40 minutes break and snap the other two sessions" [emoji854] [emoji848]..yeah right so I'll have BAGS of time to find a spot, set up, pack up and get back for my session... Best I'll get is the stop/start, hardly a premium spot for taking some quality shots..

I'll take it to Anglesey next month and see how that works [emoji123]..

Prepping the bike for some real trackday action so thought it?s about time to take of the pillion seat and pegs off. But need to replace with a hanger to hold the long akra in place.

This will do nicely.

dc41870352e6b9dcaa3fa778293c2eaa.jpg

I?ll have a few of those. I?ll be having a big trick gen3 parts sale soon and also some gen 4 parts. It?s just finding the time to sort everything out. J

Still the best looking road sports bike they ever made..we'll so far, with the best bracket !
251c465acd6b2f4245a73302aa9e3dc4.jpg

Last edited:
Back