What did you get in the post today?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent choice of boots @JimmyMac
A wise man once said to pre-treat them before riding in them ... [emoji6]

Are they the Security Evo?s?

Yes Oli, Security Evo G3's same as my pink ones. Pre treat them? Must be some wise old sages on here, lol.

f778622edb95b8761ae6b8669d4ba617.jpg

JimmyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one Jimmy! You could do a mix-match now like Lorenzo [emoji16]

Do you have a pair of Evo Voltex GTX boots too?
If so, how do the two compare?

No, sorry Oli I don't have the Voltex but the Nonstop GTX goretex which I wear on my adventure bike.

They are one piece and fit like slippers from the get go whereas the Security G3's are two piece and take a bit of breaking in, they make your feet feel really secure though.

Stuart just bought the Evos though, in all different sizes too, lol.

JimmyMac

I bought that same polish Jimmy as per your recs.. haven't applied it as of yet, what about that turbo stuff for the zip, gimmick or worthwhile ?

No, sorry Oli I don't have the Voltex but the Nonstop GTX goretex which I wear on my adventure bike.

They are one piece and fit like slippers from the get go whereas the Security G3's are two piece and take a bit of breaking in, they make your feet feel really secure though.

Stuart just bought the Evos though, in all different sizes too, lol.

JimmyMac

haha missed that last bit... :)

Never heard of the zip lube Stuart until you mentioned it. Just found it on google, I've lived 48 years without it and survived, so figure it is a marketing person making a demand where there is none, just like tongue brushes and towball covers for your car. How can I live without these things, haha.

If my zip is stiff gt85 will do the trick.

JimmyMac

So I'm passing on my 18 month old Arai RX 7 V to my youngest and thought I'd tidy it up...ffs! New visor with insert in place 70 quid. Pair of pods, I had glued a sticky pad for my forward facing camera on to the lhs side one and a chin vent which was broken....52 quid for both..this is no cheap hobby..and I aint getting it dipped or painted either..be cheaper buying a new lid.
567af238906c3087d525e8a170740456.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

816BD5B1-BB28-4E9A-A027-1215444B7AA8.jpeg
Not got in thepost but just
recently got other week.
Cr500 for crimbo pressie
Was gonna be for road all work done just a few electrics
to sort.
But is a pain in ass to get registered and put on road
having to prove bike has had tax paid when coming into country
loads of shite.
So it?s awaiting some mx wheels
n off road weapon it?s gonna be.

Last edited:
View attachment 3141
Not got in thepost but just
recently got other week.
Cr500 for crimbo pressie
Was gonna be for road all work done just a few electrics
to sort.
But is a pain in ass to get registered and put on road
having to prove bike has had tax paid when coming into country
loads of shite.
So it’s awaiting some mx wheels
n off road weapon it’s gonna be.

I would love a 500 stroker. That looks mint, bet it would be dam good fun round some quiet back streets!!!!

Got these machined blocks in today, opted for "any colour you like" ..Henry Ford Thanks for that...Look very well machined, nice wee Yoshi stamp on it and two stickers !

I see from the packaging they fit the Gixxer range ..600, 750 and 1000. Wee bit of bling but retaining the original chain adjustment concept.
Block 2.jpgBlock 3.jpgBlock 4 and paperwork.jpgBlock.jpg

Those Yoshi axel blocks look rather smart Stuart. Will look forward to seeing them installed on the bike in due course!

Back