My 2016 RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread to document any upgrades I make to my S1000RR...

I replaced my Black '15 RR with a Black/Red '16 in September... I didn't need a new bike, but when I saw one in my favourite colour scheme I couldn't say no! It also has HP forged wheels and an Akrapovic exhaust which my original bike did not.

Like the last one, I bought it from Allan Jefferies, can't fault them, brilliant service from Louise and the team!

I don't have any pictures of it as I've not cleaned it yet! Only been out once and it's now sorned until the weather gets better.

I've just fit HP Rearsets that I bought from darrenjoe90 (cheers mate!)

They look beautiful but it'll be a while before I get out... unless it's dry on Saturday I may pop out for a ten mile trip...

5c3499b490cd0472e1768e96ff3181ae.jpg
d4ec0f5d52b24e03c1142fbc82423810.jpg

They're extremely high quality and only took 10 mins to fit.

Next on the list is to fit my radiator guards...

Last edited:
The red and black is a fantastic colour scheme... get the pics up Stephen. Is that an aftermarket can ?

Sent from Galaxy S7

Finally got around to doing some stuff on the bike, been a bit preoccupied the last couple of months working on my new car.

Sent the HP wheels away for plastic coating as I hate the matte black - I could never get them to look clean!

I also got a Puig screen for it. I'm gunna take it into work this weekend and get it fettled up ready for spring :)

Before
1d824c1b8b4dea86f9dc92fdcb1951ef.jpg

After
991e69500d3c2297df9c6f9fba1c2d5c.jpg

eaa261e760f079e69963428a19281105.jpg
8887219f03c26550b25c3fcca99b9ffc.jpg

I fancy getting my forged wheels painted as well - yours look great.

Did you need to take the wheel bearings out to get them painted ? Also, did you mask off the disc mounting points and change the disc bolts ? ( I believe they are 'one use' only ?)

Did you need to take the wheel bearings out to get them painted ? Also, did you mask off the disc mounting points and change the disc bolts ? ( I believe they are 'one use' only ?)

I stripped the wheels completely, bearings and all as I had them plastic coated, not painted. I think if you have them painted you could get away with masking the bearings off.

The company who did it for me, Midas Touch in Wakefield, masked everything off and I have to say they were the best prepped wheels I've rebuilt. Some other company's I've used before or customers have had done at other plastic coasters have been nightmares: it's a pain in the arse to remove the plastic if it's in a place you don't want it!

I replaced the tyre valves as I marked them when removing - pain in the Arse.

And the the only bolts that's are 'one use' are ones that go through an abs sensors so the only ones I had to replace were the rear disk bolts.

I stripped the wheels completely, bearings and all as I had them plastic coated, not painted. I think if you have them painted you could get away with masking the bearings off.

The company who did it for me, Midas Touch in Wakefield, masked everything off and I have to say they were the best prepped wheels I've rebuilt. Some other company's I've used before or customers have had done at other plastic coasters have been nightmares: it's a pain in the arse to remove the plastic if it's in a place you don't want it!

I replaced the tyre valves as I marked them when removing - pain in the Arse.

And the the only bolts that's are 'one use' are ones that go through an abs sensors so the only ones I had to replace were the rear disk bolts.
Nice to hear a company taking pride in their work....

Sent from Galaxy S7

Just cleaned it, it's cracking weather today so I thought I'd take a few pics. The car could do with a wash though, that's my next job after i stop staring at the bike...

cfee3dab0b3f96095b90b8e2d438cb81.jpg

06c8868401bebafc2b245fe1ba54706b.jpg
f62737c71fe6f3665c46f4610b223305.jpg

looks F#@king fantastic Stephen I wouldn't stop looking at it either ! makes an amazing difference, how much did it cost to have the wheels done mate?

Got a tail tidy today, non branded for ?39 off eBay.

Looks pretty good, I'm going to have to cut the studs down on the number plate light though!

And I'm not sure about the mounting of it, I'd rather not see the bolts holding it on...

dbdc068035346812986d97744d8f446a.jpg
ed9f2f81c353ba58d9d628860d1f6e56.jpg
24e1c8f440481c4ffb1ba2a9fbd69da7.jpg

Colin, Bikepaints in Cuparmuir will do your wheels, absolutely first class painters, used to do Ducati factory team and made Stuart's panels look brand new after his off roading last year. They are also responsible for my paint job.

You just take the discs off and give them a new pair of tyres too, they'll fit them without knackering the paint like BMW do.

JimmyMac

Big plus 1 on Bikepaints.. superb finish.. not cheap but you yet a proper job.. that reminds me Jimmy ill call them tomorrow about that Carbon panel.

Sent from Galaxy S7

Back