Bump start

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

So it was the USB charger that was draining the battery. I connected it directly to the battery. Apparently its better to connect it so that its only active when the ignition is turned on. Not sure how to do that though. If anyone knows please let me know. If not i’ll look into it this weekend.

Great that it was an easy fix.

JimmyMac

@Kojo.Bee if you PM @Stephen he can supply you with a Can-Bus accessory lead to charge peripherals. I have one for my iPhone and it works very well...
I got a usb socket that connects to a special socket (canbus?) under the side fairings, I got it from Nippy Normans. Flippin thing keeps blowing the fuse though. I'm trying to be bothered to get onto NN as it's only a few months old.
Ugh, dunno how you manage to keep a straight head with electrics Jimmy. I s'pose an RAF Tornado battery has a bit more spunk tho...

Last edited:
I got a usb socket that connects to a special socket (canbus?) under the side fairings, I got it from Nippy Normans. Flippin thing keeps blowing the fuse though. I'm trying to be bothered to get onto NN as it's only a few months old.
Ugh, dunno how you manage to keep a straight head with electrics Jimmy. I s'pose an RAF Tornado battery has a bit more spunk tho...

We used to start the Nimrods by plugging in a massive diesel engined 'booster pack' for want of a better description, it was called a GPU (Ground Power Unit) and then once the engines were up and running the plug got pulled out. It looked like a black rubber 13 Amp plug on steroids.
I usually grabbed the marshalling wands for take off as I used to pretend I was in Top Gun and Kelly McGillies would turn up and we would ride off on Tom Cruises bike. I used to do a wee dance when I did it and it drove the gaffers nuts, lol. The Pilots totally ignored you anyway but they knew I would always do something to make them smile on take off.

True story........ My Chief Technician called Davy Chisholm once marshalled a plane off the pan during the Gulf War wearing a black basque, stockings and a pair of RayBans, the Pilot was in stitches and asked him why he was wearing the outfit, his deadpan reply was "I slept in and didn't have time to change" he was a deeply religious man and 99.9% was totally without humour, but could sometimes come out with a belter.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Back