New: HP4 RACE w/ Carbon Frame 2017

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're hearing that there will be a road version coming. Not sure of exact spec as yet. Maybe the HP4.5? :p

Also for the track only version ?60k will get about 3/4 of it...... :O

Tim, is the road HP likely to launch in 2017 or do you think it's more likely to be a spring 2018 bike?

Good question.

I'd expect it to be at EICMA next year or maybe the BMW Garmisch festival for a feb/mar 2018 launch. But that's just going on how things have developed before.....

I mean the scrambler concept was seen in June of 2015 and released all being with a delay just over a year later. So I personally tend to allow a year from when you see concept to production...

I got a mate in Indiana & he's heard some interesting stuff about the Carbon bike.
Apparently one of the development team heads is an American & a lot more info has been leaked over there than in Europe.
This is what I've heard so far,

Cost in UK could be as high as ?75k

Motor will make in excess of 220 horsepower

Bike has to go back to Germany for any servicing

Weight is down to 166Kg wet

Release date will be early 2018

Its probably all a load of shit but thats half the fun............

166kg's wet...MotoGP is largely irrelevant if these things are produced on a mass scale. I mean it's not like WSBK aren't within a couple of seconds of them already, without the carbon brakes.

Back